* interface SN grep to other program output
@ 2001-03-06  8:56 Celia McInnis
From: Celia McInnis @ 2001-03-06  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hi:

Can anyone tell me how I could interface output from an external program
to the grep utility in source navigator?

I can easily produce output in the "grep -n" form, and would then like
to be able to use source navigator as the interface back to my program
source.

Thanks
Celia McInnis

* Re: interface SN grep to other program output
@ 2001-03-06  9:55 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-03-06  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Celia McInnis wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Can anyone tell me how I could interface output from an external program
> to the grep utility in source navigator?
>
> I can easily produce output in the "grep -n" form, and would then like
> to be able to use source navigator as the interface back to my program
> source.

I am not sure what definition of "easily" you are looking for, but
you could try bringing up the build window and typing the name of
your command into the entry widget where the "make" appears.

That should exec the named program and display the results in
the make window. You should then be able to double click on
a result line to jump to that line. It is kind of a hack but
I think it would work.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc