* RE: Source-Navigator 5.0 has been released
@ 2001-04-03  2:14 William Gacquer
From: William Gacquer @ 2001-04-03  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mo DeJong, sourcenav

ok :) this is an hidden feature but it's a very very important feature. Just
unhide it and this is a reason for calling it SN 5.1!  :)

Thanks
	Wiliam Gacquer

From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-04-03 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, William Gacquer wrote:

> ok :) this is an hidden feature but it's a very very important feature. Just
> unhide it and this is a reason for calling it SN 5.1!  :)
>
> Thanks
> 	Wiliam Gacquer

That is what development versions are for. 5.0 is
aimed at getting a stable base out to users. The
Itcl upgrade is an important part of that, some
of the old Itcl @@ hacks would make your head hurt.
We changed a lot of GUI code, but not the interface.
It was important to keep the Tcl/Tk code the
same, so that we have something to compare to.
Now we can focus on the upgrade to Tcl/Tk 8.3
to solve the packaging problems.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc

* Re: Source-Navigator 5.0 has been released
@ 2001-04-03 17:36   ` Syd Polk
From: Syd Polk @ 2001-04-03 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eray Ozkural (exa); +Cc: sourcenav

At 04:05 PM 4/3/01 +0300, Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Could you please summarize the major changes from the last release?
>This is essential information for packagers. For instance, can I now
>use upstream tcl/tk libraries?

No, we still use our own version of Tcl/Tk.

As for information about what we fixed, I will leave Ian and Mo to dig out
that detail.

>Regards,
>
>Syd Polk wrote:
> >
> > Source-Navigator 5.0 has been released, and is now available from
> > http://source.redhat.com/sourcenav/download.html .
> >
> > Syd Polk                spolk@redhat.com
> > Engineering Manager     +1 408 543 9430
> > Red Hat, Inc.
>
>--
>Eray (exa) Ozkural
>Comp. Sci. Dept., Bilkent University, Ankara
>e-mail: erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr
>www: http://www.cs.bilkent.edu.tr/~erayo

Syd Polk		spolk@redhat.com
Engineering Manager	+1 408 543 9430
Red Hat, Inc.

* Re: Source-Navigator 5.0 has been released
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2001-04-03  6:04 ` Eray Ozkural (exa)
From: Eray Ozkural (exa) @ 2001-04-03  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Syd Polk; +Cc: sourcenav, sourcenav-announce

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural

@ 2001-04-03  1:51     ` Syd Polk
From: Syd Polk @ 2001-04-03  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khamis Abuelkomboz (UUNET)
  Cc: Brecht Vermeulen, sourcenav, sourcenav-announce

The mirror sites should pick it up soon, and then it will be easier to
get.

@ 2001-04-03  0:35   ` Khamis Abuelkomboz (UUNET)
From: Khamis Abuelkomboz (UUNET) @ 2001-04-03  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brecht Vermeulen; +Cc: Syd Polk, sourcenav, sourcenav-announce

@ 2001-04-02 17:54   ` Eric Christopher
From: Eric Christopher @ 2001-04-02 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hugo Carvalho; +Cc: Syd Polk, sourcenav, sourcenav-announce

> is there a change log?

Sure.  In the sources.

-eric

--
I will not dissect things unless instructed

* Re: Source-Navigator 5.0 has been released
@ 2001-04-02 17:50 ` Hugo Carvalho
From: Hugo Carvalho @ 2001-04-02 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Syd Polk, sourcenav, sourcenav-announce

On Monday 02 April 2001 13:21, Syd Polk wrote:
> Source-Navigator 5.0 has been released, and is now available from
> http://source.redhat.com/sourcenav/download.html .

is the replace tabs with spaces bug fixed?
is there a change log?

thx

@ 2001-04-02 15:02 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-04-02 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Syd Polk wrote:

> Source-Navigator 5.0 has been released, and is now available from
> http://sources.redhat.com/sourcenav/download.html .

Whooohooo!

A quick note for you hackers out there. There is a hidden feature
in 5.0, autoconf/automake/libtool support. You need to edit the
installed share/etc/sn_prop.cfg file to enable it, just change
the "set use_m4parser 0" to "set use_m4parser 1" and create
a project. SN will include any configure.in, Makefile.am or
.m4 macro files it finds and highlight them.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc

* Re: Source-Navigator 5.0 has been released
@ 2001-04-02 13:31 ` Brecht Vermeulen
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Brecht Vermeulen @ 2001-04-02 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Syd Polk; +Cc: sourcenav, sourcenav-announce

Well, I guess it's

Syd Polk wrote:

> Source-Navigator 5.0 has been released, and is now available from
> http://source.redhat.com/sourcenav/download.html .
>
> Syd Polk                spolk@redhat.com
> Engineering Manager     +1 408 543 9430
> Red Hat, Inc.

* Source-Navigator 5.0 has been released
@ 2001-04-02 13:21 Syd Polk
                   ` (3 more replies)