* New version - new question
@ 2001-04-03  3:41 leonp
From: leonp @ 2001-04-03  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hello,
         I downloaded the new version 5.0 for Windows - great! It seems to
work faster. There must be new features too, but the Changelog file is
insources, which are 15MB - too large! Is it possible to put it alone?
         The question: in previous version an opened editor window with
"reuse" option behaved a little bit differently - when the opened file was
not saved yet it always opened new window. The new version tries to save
the current file - this, IMHO, is not comfortable. Is there any way to
restore the "old" fashion behavior?

         The new version seems to open editor windows without paying
attention to the "project preferences", where the new window size is
assigned, while the old version did this.

         And how can I force the SN to open a new editor window at the same
position and size as current one?

Many thanks ahead for any reply.

Leon Pollak
leonp@plris.com

* Re: New version - new question
@ 2001-04-03  6:17 ` Khamis Abuelkomboz (UUNET)
From: Khamis Abuelkomboz (UUNET) @ 2001-04-03  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: leonp; +Cc: sourcenav

this release is really alot faster. Just now I didn't figure out
any real new feuture, except the support for makefiles and configure,
what has to be enabled manually!

What I noticed is following:
- Tcl source code of SN/Gui has changed to support fully
   Tcl/Tk8.1 and Itcl3.0
- Really annouying that the Tcl Parser doesn't understand the
   new source code of SN (itcl3.0), like:
	itcl::class Editor&
   So if you are browing SN source code with SN, you will get
   difficulty to retrieve symbols like Editor&::InsertTab
- Nasty behavior with "reuse" option (see below)
- Naming of some source files have been changed
- There are some older casting characters "@@" still used in
   prefrences.tcl, what seems to be buggy!
- Refresh issues on windows has been fixed.
- Maybe there are some new feutures in Build Tool, but I don't use
   it to valuate it.
- Older problem with unloading files from the project still exists,
   it seems that this problem got bigger. I wasn't able to unload
   any file.

leonp@plris.com wrote:

> Hello,
>         I downloaded the new version 5.0 for Windows - great! It seems
> to work faster. There must be new features too, but the Changelog file
> is insources, which are 15MB - too large! Is it possible to put it alone?
>         The question: in previous version an opened editor window with
> "reuse" option behaved a little bit differently - when the opened file
> was not saved yet it always opened new window. The new version tries to
> save the current file - this, IMHO, is not comfortable. Is there any way
> to restore the "old" fashion behavior?

I noticed more nasty behavior with this option, when "reuse" is unset
and you are trying to retrieve a symbol defined in the same file, SN
opens a new window and put a "duplication" of the current edited file
in a new window.

>         The new version seems to open editor windows without paying
> attention to the "project preferences", where the new window size is
> assigned, while the old version did this.
>
>         And how can I force the SN to open a new editor window at the
> same position and size as current one?
>
> Many thanks ahead for any reply.
>

> Leon Pollak
> leonp@plris.com

khamis

* Re: New version - new question
@ 2001-04-03  6:34   ` leonp
From: leonp @ 2001-04-03  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khamis Abuelkomboz (UUNET); +Cc: sourcenav

At 15:16 03/04/01 +0200, you wrote:
>- Older problem with unloading files from the project still exists,
>   it seems that this problem got bigger. I wasn't able to unload
>   any file.

Hmmm.... I  am afraid that I didn't understand exactly what you mean - I
was able to unload files form the project without any problems. You still
need to delete the unloaded file from the "build" list manually (which is
funny), but this was always so...

Leon Pollak
leonp@plris.com

* Re: New version - new question
@ 2001-04-03  6:41     ` Khamis Abuelkomboz (UUNET)
From: Khamis Abuelkomboz (UUNET) @ 2001-04-03  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: leonp; +Cc: sourcenav

leonp@plris.com wrote:

> At 15:16 03/04/01 +0200, you wrote:
>
>> - Older problem with unloading files from the project still exists,
>>   it seems that this problem got bigger. I wasn't able to unload
>>   any file.
>

> Hmmm.... I  am afraid that I didn't understand exactly what you mean - I
> was able to unload files form the project without any problems. You
> still need to delete the unloaded file from the "build" list manually
> (which is funny), but this was always so...
>

> Leon Pollak
> leonp@plris.com

I'm using Windows2k. As you understod, I can't unload files from the project
using the projet editor, just go and try to delete some files, the file list
doesn't change.
I tried it with the demo project examples. The project list doesn't delete
the selected files after applying the unload action.

khamis

* Re: New version - new question
@ 2001-04-03 10:07       ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-04-03 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Khamis Abuelkomboz (UUNET) wrote:

> I'm using Windows2k. As you understod, I can't unload files from the project
> using the projet editor, just go and try to delete some files, the file list
> doesn't change.
> I tried it with the demo project examples. The project list doesn't delete
> the selected files after applying the unload action.
>
> khamis

We had a tester report this problem, but we were not able to
reproduce it. It would really help if you could jump in
there and debug it on your system.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc