* Ada Parser status
@ 2001-04-12  9:41 Richard F Weber
From: Richard F Weber @ 2001-04-12  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Well, I've been quiet for a while & was wondering what would be the best
way to get what I have as far as an ada parser out for testing/eval.

I've got some diff's to get applied to highlight the ada code write, as
well as the ada parser part which should let you browse around includes,
classes & have some basic XReff'ing stuff available.

The one thing I'm most keen on is getting other Ada developers who are
familiar with SNavigator looking at this to offer suggestions for
improvements or bugs they find.

Thanks.

--Rich

* Re: Ada Parser status
@ 2001-04-12 10:11 ` Syd Polk
From: Syd Polk @ 2001-04-12 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard F Weber, sourcenav

At 12:41 PM 4/12/01 -0400, Richard F Weber wrote:
>Well, I've been quiet for a while & was wondering what would be the best
>way to get what I have as far as an ada parser out for testing/eval.
>
>I've got some diff's to get applied to highlight the ada code write, as
>well as the ada parser part which should let you browse around includes,
>classes & have some basic XReff'ing stuff available.
>The one thing I'm most keen on is getting other Ada developers who are
>familiar with SNavigator looking at this to offer suggestions for
>improvements or bugs they find.
>
>Thanks.
>
>--Rich

If you plan to contribute this back to us, you need to fill out the
copyright assignment form. Instructions are at:

http://sources.redhat.com/sourcenav/copyright.html

Syd Polk		spolk@redhat.com
Engineering Manager	+1 408 543 9430
Red Hat, Inc.

* Re: Ada Parser status
@ 2001-04-12 10:46 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-04-12 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Richard F Weber wrote:

> Well, I've been quiet for a while & was wondering what would be the best
> way to get what I have as far as an ada parser out for testing/eval.
>
> I've got some diff's to get applied to highlight the ada code write, as
> well as the ada parser part which should let you browse around includes,
> classes & have some basic XReff'ing stuff available.

You just need to fill out the assignment form and post the
patches. Developers should be able to incorporate the
patches and recompile. Once the 8.3 upgrade is finished, we
are going to move to a "point release" model where a
updated snapshot is made available instead of patches.h

> The one thing I'm most keen on is getting other Ada developers who are
> familiar with SNavigator looking at this to offer suggestions for
> improvements or bugs they find.

Perhaps you could also try scaring up some ADA uses from elsewhere.
I am not sure how many ADA coders use SN right now. You might be
able to get new users interested by telling folks about the new
ADA support.

Mo