* Make control
@ 2001-05-07 22:48 jim
From: jim @ 2001-05-07 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Source Navigator

Hi,

I need to do some complicated stuff for an embedded app I'm working on.
I need to:

compile .java files (using jikes)
execute a post-processor on the resulting class files
bundle everything up and FTP it to the target machine
send some commands over the serial port start everything going

Now I can do all this in a make file, but how do I get SN to execute it
correctly?  And is this explained in the documentation somewhere?

Thanks,
JD

* Re: Make control
@ 2001-05-07 22:57 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-05-07 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Tue, 8 May 2001 jim@weathercom.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to do some complicated stuff for an embedded app I'm working on.
> I need to:
>
> compile .java files (using jikes)
> execute a post-processor on the resulting class files
> bundle everything up and FTP it to the target machine
> send some commands over the serial port start everything going
>
> Now I can do all this in a make file, but how do I get SN to execute it
> correctly?  And is this explained in the documentation somewhere?
>
> Thanks,
> JD

Sure, take a look at "External build systems":

http://sources.redhat.com/sourcenav/online-docs/userguide/progide.html#pgfId-998496

Be sure to select the directory where the make command will
be run.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc