* DataBase Locked on SN452 on Win NT
@ 2001-05-10 13:35 Rich Joyce
From: Rich Joyce @ 2001-05-10 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'sourcenav@sources.redhat.com'

I am trying to reparse my project and message box
'Database Locked' appears.   Any clues??

is the data base the .proj file??? where are other files located
if not Winnt/profiles/.sn and /cygnus/..../bin/bin.proj????

Also can anyone explain the difference between refresh and reparse???

Lost my links, where can i get binary for SN 5.0

thanks all

rich

* Re: DataBase Locked on SN452 on Win NT
@ 2001-05-10 15:54 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-05-10 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Thu, 10 May 2001, Rich Joyce wrote:

> I am trying to reparse my project and message box
> 'Database Locked' appears.   Any clues??

There was a way to "break the lock" in an older
version of SN, but it was remove during in 5.0.
We had intended to move the lock out of the
.proj file into a proj.lock file but ran out
of time to implement that change.

> is the data base the .proj file??? where are other files located
> if not Winnt/profiles/.sn and /cygnus/..../bin/bin.proj????

They are in the .snprj dir in the same directory.

> Also can anyone explain the difference between refresh and reparse???

I think refresh just checks file times while reparse will
reparse the files no matter what.

> Lost my links, where can i get binary for SN 5.0

ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/pub/sourceware/sourcenav/releases/binaries/

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc

* RE: DataBase Locked on SN452 on Win NT
@ 2001-05-10 17:56   ` Berek Half-hand
From: Berek Half-hand @ 2001-05-10 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mo DeJong, sourcenav

Ok...so how do you "break the lock" in SN 4.5.2?

@ 2001-05-10 18:05     ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-05-10 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Thu, 10 May 2001, Berek Half-hand wrote:

> Ok...so how do you "break the lock" in SN 4.5.2?

When the project came up, it would ask you if you
wanted to break the lock. Thing is, this could
easily open the same project in two different SN
executables which would destroy the database.
You can't really do that now, but that does
not really help you since you are stuck with
a locked project. If you are interested in
hacking the source a bit, you could fix this.
Otherwise, adding a bug report to the bug DB
is the way to go.

Mo