* source code programming language
@ 2001-06-04  8:58 Marta Stojanovic
From: Marta Stojanovic @ 2001-06-04  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hi all!

Does somebody know if there is a way for a tcl script running on hyper
to know of programming language of a source code parsed by SN ? I'd like
to know if project database files (created by SN) contain information on
the language used. I'm interested in Java and C++, but it should work
for others also.

The only thing that occured to me is to see if the filename (which is a
field in probably all database files) contains .java (.jav, .JAVA) or
other. I know that we can change the extension for every language in
File-Preferences, but I don't know whether we can access these
preferences easily (from a tcl script).

Probably there is some other way, I'd greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Marta.

* Re: source code programming language
@ 2001-06-04 11:56 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-06-04 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Marta Stojanovic wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Does somebody know if there is a way for a tcl script running on hyper
> to know of programming language of a source code parsed by SN ? I'd like
> to know if project database files (created by SN) contain information on
> the language used. I'm interested in Java and C++, but it should work
> for others also.

Well, yes the language is stored in the db entry for a file. You
will have to figure out how to get that data out of a row on
your own. Have a look at how the code does it now. Also note
that a good DB interface is something we have wanted to do
for some time but we have not had time for.

Mo