* Re: sourcenav/59
       [not found] <20010607025442.15865.qmail@sourceware.cygnus.com>
@ 2001-06-07  1:11 ` Ralf Corsepius
From: Ralf Corsepius @ 2001-06-07  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mdejong, sourcenav

mdejong@sources.redhat.com wrote:

> Synopsis: parsers/cpp/* contains comments in a foreign language
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> State-Changed-By: mdejong
> State-Changed-When: Wed Jun  6 19:54:42 2001
> State-Changed-Why:
>     This is not a bug report! Simple complaints should
>     be directed to the mailing list.
What?

> http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=59&database=sourcenav
Unreadable source-code is not supposed to be bugs?

Sorry, but I do not share this opinion. IMO, it's a matter of
code-quality and in open source are part of the documentation.

Ralf

* Re: sourcenav/59
@ 2001-06-07 11:58   ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-06-07 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> mdejong@sources.redhat.com wrote:
> >
> > Synopsis: parsers/cpp/* contains comments in a foreign language
> >
> > State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> > State-Changed-By: mdejong
> > State-Changed-When: Wed Jun  6 19:54:42 2001
> > State-Changed-Why:
> >     This is not a bug report! Simple complaints should
> >     be directed to the mailing list.
> What?
>
> > http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=59&database=sourcenav
> Unreadable source-code is not supposed to be bugs?
>
> Sorry, but I do not share this opinion. IMO, it's a matter of
> code-quality and in open source are part of the documentation.
>
> Ralf

It is fine to get all worked up about purity, but we have to
deal with the codebase the same as you do. Filling up the
bug database with things that are not really functional bugs
does not help anyone. If you are really bothered by the
lack of english comments, then work on the problem and
send in a patch.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc