* SN 5.x Install on NT 4.0
@ 2001-07-04 11:31 Berek Half-hand
From: Berek Half-hand @ 2001-07-04 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

I just downloaded the latest SN release (binaries) in the form of
SN50-010322-Windows.zip. The only instructions I found for installing SN 5.x
under Windows (NT) was in a README.TXT file in the .zip. The only blurb re
Windows install in the RM file was as follows:

Binary releases may be available for source releases, especially for
the Windows version since the Windows version is hard to build. A UNIX
binary distribution will have a name of the form SNPlatformYYYYMMDD.tar.gz,
where Platform will be descriptive of what the binary was compiled for, and
YYYYMMDD is the source distribution the binary was compiled with. Windows
binaries will be SNWindowsYYYYMMDD.zip or SNWindowsYYYYMMDD.exe, depending
on what happens with installer technology.

Windows systems:

You must have about 25 MB free on your Windows system drive. You must
have about 10 MB free on your installation drive.

Double-click on the file SNWindows20000421.exe (or whatever
the date of the release you are installing is) and following the on-screen
instructions.

In short, there are no instructions that I can see that tell me how to
install SN 5.x from this zip. There is nothing about what to do with
previous releases (I have 4.5.2 installed); do I uninstall 4.5.2 before
installing 5.x? Can I have both installed simultaneously?

I also downloaded a patch file: sourcenav-010412-windows.zip, which contains
many of the files in the release tree plus more files that weren't in the
release tree. How do I apply this patch release? Do I copy the files from
the patch directories into the same directories in the release tree? The
Readme file in the patch zip is identical to the one in the release zip.

There are NT Registry entries for 4.5.2. Will 5.x use these entries? Will it
create its own?

* Re: SN 5.x Install on NT 4.0
@ 2001-07-04 11:52 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-07-04 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Wed, 4 Jul 2001, Berek Half-hand wrote:

> I just downloaded the latest SN release (binaries) in the form of
> SN50-010322-Windows.zip. The only instructions I found for installing SN 5.x
> under Windows (NT) was in a README.TXT file in the .zip. The only blurb re
> Windows install in the RM file was as follows:

All you need to do is unzip the file and double click on snavigator.exe
in the bin directory. The README thing should be fixed in the next
release.

Mo