* Bug with Systemtap installation on DEVUAN
@ 2024-01-12 23:40 webman
From: webman @ 2024-01-12 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: systemtap

Hi All!

I am just more a simple with Systematp, but as I exprience,
there seem alsways(?) be a problem with install  .... I experienced
always difficulties on Debian.
Now I installed it on DEVUAN (call it a Debian without SystemD)
and there is another problem with 'stap-prep', it fails (from memory)
with 'rpm' not found.
-----
DISTRO="$(lsb_release --id --short 2> /dev/null)"
case "$DISTRO" in
Debian|Ubuntu|Devuan)   <== Line 182
        prep_deb_based "$@"
        ;;
-----
This is Systemtap 4.8.2
I had to add "Devuan" to that line and that does it.
Just my small cooperation ;-)

Regards,
Manfred

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-01-12 23:40 UTC | newest]