* Man page for Signal tapset.
@ 2006-10-03 11:12 Manoj S Pattabhiraman
From: Manoj S Pattabhiraman @ 2006-10-03 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: systemtap; +Cc: Guang Lei Li

I have completed documenting the man page for Signal Tapset.  Since i dont
have commit access,Can somebody integrate this with the
existing man pages.

Please provide your valuable suggestions on the same.

Thanks & Regards,    Manoj
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Manoj S Pattabhiraman, ADTools, Linux on zSeries, Ph : +91 80 51776449 T/L
 92 46951, e-mail: mpattabh@in.ibm.com

[-- Attachment #2: signalprobes.5 --]

.\" -*- nroff -*-
.TH STAPPROBES 5 2006-07-14 "Red Hat"
.SH NAME
stapprobes-signals  \- systemtap probe points for signals

.\" macros
.de SAMPLE
.br
.RS
.nf
.nh
..
.de ESAMPLE
.hy
.fi
.RE
..

.\"Added for signal probe points
.SH SIGNAL PROBE POINTS
.SS SIGNALS
This family of probe is used to probe various system generated signals.It contains the following probe points

.SS probe signal.send
Fires when a signal is sent to a process.

.BR Context:
.br
The signal's sender.

.BR Arguments:
.br
.IR sig
.br
        the number of the signal
.br
.IR sig_name
.br
        a string representation of the signal
.br
.IR sig_pid
.br
        pid of the signal recipient process
.br
.IR pid_name
.br
        name of the signal recipient process
.br
.IR si_code
.br
        indicates the signal type.
.br
.IR task
.br
        a task handle to the signal recipient
.br
.IR sinfo
.br
        the address of siginfo struct.
.br
.IR shared
.br
        indicates whether this signal is shared by the thread group
.br
.IR send2queue
.br
        indicates whether this signal is sent to an existing sigqueue
.br
.IR name
.br
        name of the function used to send out this signal
.SS probe signal.checkperm
check permissions for sending the signal

.SS probe signal.wakeup
Wake up the process for new active signals.

.BR Arguments:
.br
.IR sig_pid
.br
        pid of the process to be woke up
.br
.IR pid_name
.br
        name of the process to be woke up
.br
.IR resume
.br
        indicate whether to wake up a task in STOPPED or TRACED state
.br
.IR state_mask
.br
        a string representation indicates the mask of task states that can be woken
.SS probe signal.ignored
Checks whether the signal is ignored or not.
.SS probe signal.force_segv
Forces SIGSEGV when there are some issues while handling signals for the process.
.SS probe signal.syskill
To kill a process, Pass the pid and signal to kill the process.
.SS probe signal.sys_tgkill
Sends a signal to one specific thread.
.SS probe signal.sys_tkill
Sends a signal to one specific task.
.SS probe signal.send_sig_queue
Queue signal to a process.
.SS probe signal.pending
Used to examine the set of signals that are pending for delivery to the calling thread
.SS probe signal.handle
Used to invoke signals
.SS probe signal.do_action
Fires by calling thread to examine and change a signal action
.SS probe signal.procmask
Fires by calling thread to examine and change blocked signals
.SS probe signal.flush
Flush all pending signals for a task.

* Re: Man page for Signal tapset.
@ 2006-10-04  3:22 ` Li Guanglei
From: Li Guanglei @ 2006-10-04  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manoj S Pattabhiraman; +Cc: systemtap, Guang Lei Li

Manoj S Pattabhiraman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have completed documenting the man page for Signal Tapset.  Since i dont
> have commit access,Can somebody integrate this with the
> existing man pages.
>

> Please provide your valuable suggestions on the same.
>
> Thanks & Regards,    Manoj
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Manoj S Pattabhiraman, ADTools, Linux on zSeries, Ph : +91 80 51776449 T/L
>  92 46951, e-mail: mpattabh@in.ibm.com

Hi Manoj,
   I think you didn't notice the signal tapsets document has been
checked into CVS for quite some time. Try "man stapprobes.signal" and
you will find it. A couple of days ago I moved the tapsets documents
from stapprobes.5.in into separate man pages. Anyway, I will take a
look at your document and add those that I missed into
stapprobes.signal.5.in

   Thanks.

- Guanglei