* New war story: What options were used to open a file?
@ 2007-04-30 14:26 Eugene Teo
From: Eugene Teo @ 2007-04-30 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: systemtap

A colleague asked me this: "It's easy to see what files a process is accessing by looking at
/proc/<pid>/fd/. However it doesn't seem to tell me about all options that were passed to
open(2). In particular I'm keen to see whether files were opened with O_DIRECT set. Is there
no way to make this inference after the file has been opened?"

So I wrote a systemtap script for him: http://sources.redhat.com/systemtap/wiki/WSListFlags

If you have any better suggestions/feedbacks, I would love to hear from you.

Eugene
--
Eugene Teo, RHCE		Red Hat Global Support Services
Phone: +65 6490 4142		GPG ID: 58DF8823

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-04-30 14:26 UTC | newest]