* Fwd: Systemtap for Android
       [not found] <CANKSX+HD=6tiHYa6WKsXziV2emgdP7aNHKPbmB1tcg4LS2jenQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2016-06-07  2:57 ` $rik@nth
From: $rik@nth  @ 2016-06-07  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: systemtap

Hi All,

I am pretty much interested in using systemtap. But it is not
available for Android. So i would like to port it for Android using
cross tool chain. Before going into the deep, i would like to know if
someone already did similar exercise? or some hacks where we can use
it directly by using cross toolchain.  If yes, please share your
inputs to save time.

Thanks in advance.

--
Thanks & Regards,
M.Srikanth Kumar.

* Re: Fwd: Systemtap for Android
@ 2016-06-07 14:21   ` William Cohen
From: William Cohen @ 2016-06-07 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: srikanth007m, systemtap

On 06/06/2016 10:57 PM, $rik@nth  wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am pretty much interested in using systemtap. But it is not
> available for Android. So i would like to port it for Android using
> cross tool chain. Before going into the deep, i would like to know if
> someone already did similar exercise? or some hacks where we can use
> it directly by using cross toolchain.  If yes, please share your
> inputs to save time.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hi,

There have been some people using SystemTap on embedded arm systems and they have used cross compilation some time ago:

http://omappedia.org/wiki/Systemtap
https://sourceware.org/systemtap/wiki/SystemtapOnFedoraArm

You might use those as a starting point for work on android.

-Will

* Re: Fwd: Systemtap for Android
@ 2016-06-09  8:10     ` $rik@nth
From: $rik@nth  @ 2016-06-09  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Cohen; +Cc: systemtap

Thank you William for your pointers. Definitely i will go through them
to set a starting point.

--

@ 2016-06-14 12:01       ` Alexander Lochmann
From: Alexander Lochmann @ 2016-06-14 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: srikanth007m, William Cohen; +Cc: systemtap

On 06/09/2016 10:10, $rik@nth  wrote:
> Thank you William for your pointers. Definitely i will go through them
> to set a starting point.
I already did that job. :)
Have a look at my git repo: https://github.com/flipreverse/systemtap-android

Cheers,
Alex

--
Technische Universität Dortmund
Alexander Lochmann                PGP key: 0xBC3EF6FD

* Re: Fwd: Systemtap for Android
@ 2016-06-15  2:48         ` $rik@nth
From: $rik@nth  @ 2016-06-15  2:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Lochmann; +Cc: William Cohen, systemtap

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 5:31 PM, Alexander Lochmann
<alexander.lochmann@tu-dortmund.de> wrote:
> On 06/09/2016 10:10, $rik@nth  wrote:
>> Thank you William for your pointers. Definitely i will go through them
>> to set a starting point.
> I already did that job. :)
> Have a look at my git repo: https://github.com/flipreverse/systemtap-android
Thank you Alexander. I will try it.