* Newbie question: systemtap for embedded system & solving thread blocking
@ 2010-05-18  2:49 Bizhan Gholikhamseh (bgholikh)
From: Bizhan Gholikhamseh (bgholikh) @ 2010-05-18  2:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: systemtap

Hell All,

I have a few general questions regarding systemtap that I would greatly
appreciate if you could provide some feedback to it.

We are using an x86 platform running generic Linux 2.6.23.

The main application running on this system is multithreaded. We are
using xmlrpc (socket base) ipc to pass messages between threads.
Recently we have observed some of the messages take more than 10 sec to
reach destination thread.

I am investigating what tools are suitable to help us to diagnosis the
blocking issue we observe on our application.

My questions are:

1-       Is systemtab suitable for resolving these types of the issues
(thread based analysis)?

2-       If yes, is there a support for systemtab on Linux 2.6.23 ?

3-       Any other hints greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Bizhan

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-05-17 16:26 UTC | newest]