* Re: uprobes systemtap tapsets
       [not found] <c24352ca0807030622y345c2c5bv13fbaa8949d1cbe0@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2008-07-07 17:23 ` Dave Nomura
From: Dave Nomura @ 2008-07-07 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jeffschroeder; +Cc: James Keniston, systemtap

I don't know the answer to  your questions, but probably Jim or one of
the other people on the mailing list can answer your question.

--
Dave Nomura
LTC Linux Power Toolchain

* Re: uprobes systemtap tapsets
@ 2008-07-07 18:00   ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2008-07-07 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Nomura; +Cc: jeffschroeder, James Keniston, systemtap

Dave Nomura <dcnltc@us.ibm.com> writes:

>> I was curious about the state of the userspace tracing in systemtap.
>> Is this waiting on uprobes to be merged into mainline or has it already
>> been merged into mainline?

> I don't know the answer to  your questions, but probably Jim or one of
> the other people on the mailing list can answer your question.

It's mainly waiting on the translator.  uprobes may need some porting
love with forthcoming revisions of utrace, but that should not be a
big deal.

- FChE