public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
From: "Andreas Bringedal" <anbring@online.no>
To: <xconq-general@lists.sourceforge.net>,
	"xconq7" <xconq7@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [Xconq-general] Re: New Xconq Prerelease
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 00:50:00 -0000	[thread overview]

>>>One thing though.  For us computer illiterate people(of which there are
>>> more of than one might think) it's rather confusing to have a zillion download options.  Would it be easily doably to highlight
>>> the
>>> playable download file among all the others uninteresting files(uninteresting for the pure player) in red or green?
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=124062&package_id=135573&release_id=285719
>>
>> Is that better?
>
> Umm, not really.  Perhaps I should illustrate what I read when I see that page for the first time.   It looks something like this:
>
> Xconq7.5gobblegobblegobble
> Xconq7.5gobblegobblegobble size gobble gobble gobblewinexe
> Xconq7.5gobblegobblegobble size gobble gobble gobblewinexe
> Xconq7.5gobblegobblegobble size gobble gobble gobblewinexe

Damn, the latest windows update has made my system very unstable.

Anyway, below is what I saw the first time.  I saw 25+ various downloads.  After looking closely I did find the windows version but
what I was hoping for was was a download page that were very easy to understand.

Xconq7.5gobblegobblegobble
Xconq7.5gobblegobblegobble size gobble gobble gobblewinexe
Xconq7.5gobblegobblegobble size gobble gobble gobblegobble
[...]

If it instead had been like this:
Xconq 7.5  game files
Windows version
Mac version