public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
From: Lincoln Peters <sampln@sbcglobal.net>
To: Xconq list <xconq7@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: Re: Cannot do anything in water
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 04:38:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I have found that this mysterious water bug affects bolodd2.g, as well
as the new game I'm working on.  If you try to move a naval unit into
the water (I haven't tried air units yet), the unit expends an ACP
without going anywhere.

I also noticed that, in roman.g, an infantry sometimes expends an ACP
while trying to cross a river, but doesn't actually cross the river.
Even stranger, if I tell it to move to a non-adjacent cell, it seems
that the ACP readout shows "ACP 1", when it should say "ACP 1/2"!  This
usually seems to happen when the unit could have avoided crossing the
river and spent as many or fewer ACP's by going around it (no problems
if there is no way around the river).  Perhaps the same bug?  Or at
least a related bug?

Perhaps someone who understands the recent changes to the pathfinding
code could look at bolodd2.g and roman.g and make some sense out of this
mysterious problem.

Meanwhile, I'll keep looking for more clues...

--
Lincoln Peters <sampln@sbcglobal.net>