public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
From: Lincoln Peters <sampln@sbcglobal.net>
To: Xconq list <xconq7@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: Re: More clues about that evasive pathfinding bug
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 06:25:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Perhaps I should have waited before clicking "Send", in case the bug
manifested itself in another way.

This happened later in that same bellum.g game.  The game appears to be
set up so that paratroopers cannot fight while occupying a cargo plane.
Previously, if paratroopers were in a cargo plane, and I instructed them
to attack, Xconq would just beep at me and say "(unit name) in unable to
act, don't know why".  This time, it burned an ACP, did nothing, and
gave no indication of an error.

The same thing (burn an ACP without doing anything) seems to happen if I
try to make a unit attack another unit that it cannot attack
(acp-to-attack = 0).

There seem to be additional random events that trigger the bug, and I'm
still trying to find a pattern.

--
Lincoln Peters <sampln@sbcglobal.net>