public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
* Another path-finding bug?
@ 2003-12-16  5:57 Lincoln Peters
From: Lincoln Peters @ 2003-12-16  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xconq list

I have found that in russian-rev.g, a train fails to find the path if it
is "blocked" by a town, city, or fort (which it can move through).  It
seems to be able to figure out when it can or cannot fit in a cell along
with all its other occupants, but it cannot figure out if it can pass a
blocked cell by occupying one of the units in that cell.

I also noticed that the algorithm fails to consider attrition when
choosing a path (e.g. a fleet in shallows, cavalry in desert).  It seems
to me that the algorithm should avoid taking paths that cause attrition
if at all possible.

These bugs probably are not related to the cannot do anything in water"
bug I found earlier, but they involve the same pathfinding code.

--
Lincoln Peters <sampln@sbcglobal.net>

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-12-16  1:42 UTC | newest]