public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
* snprintf(3) and vsnprintf(3)
@ 2003-11-10  4:14 Eric McDonald
From: Eric McDonald @ 2003-11-10  4:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xconq7

Hello Xconq Developers,

  Although Xconq remains C89-compliant and does not yet allow full
application of C99, I have added some C99 functionality that you
may find useful. The functions snprintf(3) and vsnprintf(3) are
now available. They are implemented by Xconq on all systems,
regardless of whether the system provides an implementation.
Macros override calls to a system's version with calls to Xconq's
version. Thus your system's documentation of these functions
should only be used as a supplement, and missing/snprintf/README
and missing/snprintf/snprintf.c should be used as the definitive
guides on all systems.

  I chose to override system implmentations to provide consistency
in options usage across all platforms.

  Happy hacking,
    Eric

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-11-10  1:00 UTC | newest]