public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
* Controlling the list of unit types
@ 2004-03-12  2:07 Lincoln Peters
From: Lincoln Peters @ 2004-03-12  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xconq list

Is there a way for a game module to tell Xconq which units to display in
the list of unit types?  I've found that in bolodd3.g, of all the types
of bases, only the base-1 shows up in the list.  That makes it rather
difficult to tell at a glance how many bases of other levels I have.

--
Lincoln Peters <sampln@sbcglobal.net>

* Re: Controlling the list of unit types
@ 2004-03-12  3:37 ` Eric McDonald
From: Eric McDonald @ 2004-03-12  3:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lincoln Peters; +Cc: Xconq list

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Lincoln Peters wrote:

> Is there a way for a game module to tell Xconq which units to display in
> the list of unit types?  I've found that in bolodd3.g, of all the types
> of bases, only the base-1 shows up in the list.  That makes it rather
> difficult to tell at a glance how many bases of other levels I have.

I've had the same complaint wrt to Bellum (Metropoles don't show
up). The only way I know of to deal with it at this point, until
we remedy the situation, is to save the game, quit it, and then
restore it. Then any unit type that the player possesses (or
can produce) should be listed....

Eric

* Re: Controlling the list of unit types
@ 2004-04-23  3:10   ` Eric McDonald
From: Eric McDonald @ 2004-04-23  3:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lincoln Peters; +Cc: Xconq list

Hi Lincoln,

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Eric McDonald wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Lincoln Peters wrote:
>
> > Is there a way for a game module to tell Xconq which units to display in
> > the list of unit types?  I've found that in bolodd3.g, of all the types
> > of bases, only the base-1 shows up in the list.  That makes it rather
> > difficult to tell at a glance how many bases of other levels I have.
>
> I've had the same complaint wrt to Bellum (Metropoles don't show
> up). The only way I know of to deal with it at this point, until
> we remedy the situation, is to save the game, quit it, and then
> restore it. Then any unit type that the player possesses (or
> can produce) should be listed....

This issue should now be fixed with my latest checkin. Let me know
if the bolodd3 unit list still doesn't look complete.

I tested all the interfaces and it didn't look like anything
broke as a result of the fix. Hopefully I didn't cause more subtle
breakage somewhere by modifying the particular function that I
did.

Eric