public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
From: Hans Ronne <hronne@comhem.se>
To: pessolo@freemail.it
Cc: xconq7@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: scorekeepers with if and cond forms in the body
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 00:57:00 -0000	[thread overview]

>Hans Ronne writes:
>
> > You would have to add support for other scorekeepers in determine_subgoals
> > in mplayer.c.
>
>Is it possible to implement AI scripting support,
>such that one may use individual ai scripts for scenarios?
>especially for RPG-style scenarioes hardcoded strategies
>are not flexible enough, think of the variety of
>scenarioes in Age of Empires II.
>So the AI behaviour of mplayers should be completely determined
>from AI scripts, with the current last-side-winning support as the default
>if no script is supplied? Then no recognition of scorekeepers would
>be necessary.

Some of the AI behaviour can be modifed on a side-by-side basis by using
different side doctrines. I guess this could be expanded into a more
general scripting support for different scenarios.

Another way to handle different scenarios is game-class specific code,
which is also supported in the AI.  This is how time.g works. However, I
don't think this is the way to go since it makes the AI code very
complicated.

Then there is the option of using completely different AIs for different
sides. This is not very useful right now since we only have two AIs: the
mplayer and its lobotomized brother the iplayer. I've been planning to
write a new AI for quite some while, but there has been to many other
things to do :-/.

Hans