public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
* Updated Xconq snapshots for MacOS and Windows
@ 2004-08-09  0:24 Hans Ronne
From: Hans Ronne @ 2004-08-09  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xconq7

I have updated the MacOS Native (9 and X) MacOS TCL and Windows TCL
snapshots. See http://sources.redhat.com/xconq/ftp.html for more
information on the respective packages.

Direct links to the new files:

ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/xconq/xconq-7.5.pre/MacOS/Native/Xconq-MacOS9-04080
8.sit

ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/xconq/xconq-7.5.pre/MacOS/Native/Xconq-MacOSX-04080
8.sit

ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/xconq/xconq-7.5.pre/MacOS/TCL/Xconq-MacTCL-040808.s
it

ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/xconq/xconq-7.5.pre/Win32/TCL/Xconq-WinTCL-040808.e
xe

These are all complete packages that don't rely on any other files.

I have also added the latest version of Eric's complete installer for
Windows to the ftp site (this is the same file that Eric already posted a
few weeks ago on his site):

ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/xconq/xconq-7.5.pre/Win32/TCL/xconq_20040704_setup.
exe

There have been many bug fixes and improvements since the last snapshot.
This includes:

* Improvements to IMFApp
* Numerous improvements to the Help system
* Sound support added to the Mac OSX app
* Bug fix involving save/restore of the independent side AI
* Independent side now appears in the tcltk side list if active
* Rewritten resupply and repair code
* Significant improvements and bug fixes to the unit view code
* Ability to use many different images for one unit type added
* Ability to use individual images for specific units added
* Improvements to the game blurb
* Version string added in Mac interface
* Improved handling of GDL globals in the kernel
* Bug fixes to the feature legend drawing code
* Bug fixes to the menu drawing code on Windows
* Bug fixes to the AI and Designer menu items
* Open/Save game bug on Windows fixed
* Bug fix to wrecked unit code
* Various other bug fixes

Game modules:

* New version of Specula from Elijah, now called Opal
* Fixes to the time game from Henry Cobb
* Updates to wreckcreation from Eric
* Updates to awls from Elijah

Bug reports are, as always, welcome.

Hans

* Re: Updated Xconq snapshots for MacOS and Windows
@ 2004-08-09  3:17 ` Eric McDonald
From: Eric McDonald @ 2004-08-09  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Ronne; +Cc: xconq7

Hans Ronne wrote:

> ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/xconq/xconq-7.5.pre/Win32/TCL/xconq_20040704_setup.
> exe

The size of the program being reported by the Redhat FTP server is
wrong. The server claims that the file is 852K, but, in reality, it
should be about 5 MB. I would not recommend that anyone trust this file
(from the Redhat FTP server anyway) until a complete copy of it is present.

It can still be gotten from:
   http://xconq_hacker.home.comcast.net

Eric

* Re: Updated Xconq snapshots for MacOS and Windows
@ 2004-08-10  2:57   ` Hans Ronne
From: Hans Ronne @ 2004-08-10  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric McDonald; +Cc: xconq7

>Hans Ronne wrote:
>

>>ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/xconq/xconq-7.5.pre/Win32/TCL/xconq_20040704_setup.
>> exe
>
>The size of the program being reported by the Redhat FTP server is
>wrong. The server claims that the file is 852K, but, in reality, it
>should be about 5 MB. I would not recommend that anyone trust this file
>(from the Redhat FTP server anyway) until a complete copy of it is present.

Something strange did indeed happen, but the file should be OK now.

Hans

* Updated Xconq snapshots for MacOS and Windows
@ 2004-06-13  0:12 Hans Ronne
From: Hans Ronne @ 2004-06-13  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xconq7

I have updated the MacOS Native (9 and X) MacOS TCL and Windows TCL
snapshots. See http://sources.redhat.com/xconq/ftp.html for more
information on the respective packages.

Direct links to the new files:

ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/xconq/xconq-7.5.pre/MacOS/Native/Xconq-MacOS9-04061
2.sit

ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/xconq/xconq-7.5.pre/MacOS/Native/Xconq-MacOSX-04061
2.sit

ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/xconq/xconq-7.5.pre/MacOS/TCL/Xconq-MacTCL-040612.s
it

ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/xconq/xconq-7.5.pre/Win32/TCL/Xconq-WinTCL-040612.e
xe

There have been many bug fixes since the last snapshot, in particular to
the MacOS Native app. The kernel has new wrecked unit code. Two new games,
Eric McDonald's Wreckreation and Elijah Meeks' Second Korean War, have been
added.

These are complete packages that don't rely on any other files.

Bug reports and other feedback is, as always, welcome.

Hans