public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
From: Hans Ronne <hronne@comhem.se>
To: xconq7@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: Exploratory Transports
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 18:20:00 -0000	[thread overview]

>Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 20:13:20 +0200
>To: Elijah Meeks <elijahmeeks@yahoo.com>
>From: Hans Ronne <hronne@comhem.se>
>Subject: Re: Exploratory Transports
>Bcc:
>>I'm seeing transports take on units and then go into
>>exploratory mode in Korea-2006.  I don't understand
>>it, there's just two hexes of sea in some cases and
>>instead of landing reinforcements, they just swim
>>around in the Sea of Japan until they run out of
>>ACPs--turn after turn.  Any suggestions?

Heh, the obvious solution would be to fix the transport code so that
transports do what they are supposed to do, that is transport units from
point A to B.

This is on my to-do list after I am done fixing the resupply code.

Hans

P.S. In a non-see-all game, there is nothing wrong with a ship taking on an
exploratory task. If you ever see it happen in a see-all game, it is a bug.