* your patch enabling Arm64's GCS extension
@ 2024-02-12  7:39 Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2024-02-12  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Srinath Parvathaneni
  Cc: Binutils, Richard Earnshaw, Marcus Shawcroft, Nick Clifton

Srinath,

may I ask against what specification this was written? There are two
aspects I can't bring in line with what DDI0596 from December has, i.e.
even newer than the patch (dating back to October):

1) gcspopcx, gcspopx, and gcspushx supposedly all have an optional
   register operand, which gas 2.42 doesn't accept.

2) gcsstr and gcssttr supposedly have a memory-form 2nd operand, i.e.
   a register name enclosed in square brackets. Gas 2.42 expects a
   plain register name instead.

Despite being newer it's of course possible that documentation is what
actually needs fixing. Can you please clarify which way it is?

Thanks, Jan