* your patch "RISC-V: Add PT_RISCV_ATTRIBUTES and add it to PHDR"
@ 2022-02-10 12:37 Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2022-02-10 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kito Cheng; +Cc: Binutils

Kito,

it looks like it is this patch which has caused the ld-elf/seg-2
ld testcase to be failing in 2.38, as compared to 2.37. It's the
extra phdr which looks to be getting in the way. The testcase
already has a fair number of #xfail targets - perhaps RISC-V wants
adding there, too?

Jan

* Re: your patch "RISC-V: Add PT_RISCV_ATTRIBUTES and add it to PHDR"
@ 2022-02-11  5:56 ` Nelson Chu
From: Nelson Chu @ 2022-02-11  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Beulich; +Cc: Kito Cheng, Binutils, Jim Wilson, Palmer Dabbelt

Hi Jan,

On Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 8:38 PM Jan Beulich via Binutils
<binutils@sourceware.org> wrote:

> Kito,
>
> it looks like it is this patch which has caused the ld-elf/seg-2
> ld testcase to be failing in 2.38, as compared to 2.37. It's the
> extra phdr which looks to be getting in the way. The testcase
> already has a fair number of #xfail targets - perhaps RISC-V wants
> adding there, too?

After building the
rv32i-newlib/rv64gc-newlib/rv32gc-glibc/rv64gc-glibc toolchains, with
master branches of gcc and glibc, and the binutils 2.38 release
branch, I don't see the error you mentioned.  Could you give more
information, like which gcc or glibc branch you are using? Or other
details that might help.

Thanks
Nelson

* Re: your patch "RISC-V: Add PT_RISCV_ATTRIBUTES and add it to PHDR"
@ 2022-02-11  9:50   ` Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2022-02-11  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nelson Chu; +Cc: Kito Cheng, Binutils, Jim Wilson, Palmer Dabbelt