* Mystery instructions
@ 2024-01-20 20:16 jacob navia
From: jacob navia @ 2024-01-20 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils; +Cc: gcc

Hi
The GNU assembler supports two instructions for the T-Head risk machines called:

th.ipop
th.ipush

With no arguments. These instructions (they are no macros or aliases) are UNDOCUMENTED in the T-Head instruction manuals that I have, and a google search yields absolutely nothing.

Can anyone here point me to some documentation that describes what these instructions do?

Thanks in advance.

* Re: Mystery instructions
@ 2024-01-23 14:16 ` Alex Huang
From: Alex Huang @ 2024-01-23 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jacob navia; +Cc: binutils, gcc

These instructions looks to be part of the T-head vendor extension instruction set. With the spec here https://github.com/T-head-Semi/thead-extension-spec.

Best regards
Alex

> On Jan 23, 2024, at 8:42 AM, jacob navia via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:
>
> Hi
> The GNU assembler supports two instructions for the T-Head risk machines called:
>
> th.ipop
> th.ipush
>
> With no arguments. These instructions (they are no macros or aliases) are UNDOCUMENTED in the T-Head instruction manuals that I have, and a google search yields absolutely nothing.
>
> Can anyone here point me to some documentation that describes what these instructions do?
>
> Thanks in advance.

* Re: Mystery instructions
@ 2024-01-26 17:28   ` jacob navia
From: jacob navia @ 2024-01-26 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)