From: YunQiang Su <wzssyqa@gmail.com>
To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@orcam.me.uk>
Cc: Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com>, binutils@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: New failures for the mips64el-openbsd target
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 11:00:42 +0800	[thread overview]

Maciej W. Rozycki <macro@orcam.me.uk> 于2023年6月15日周四 22:43写道:

> Hi Nick,
>
> >   I do not know if these are related to your recent gas testuite fix
> >   (2b462da34de977f953a778afa0cb55e3286ece3d), but would you mind
> >   checking please ?  If you cannot reproduce the problems, then it is
> >   probably an issue at my end - maybe I need to rerun the configure
> >   script or something like that - and I will investigate some more.
>
>  It may well be that one of the YunQiang Su's patches I have reverted
> brough these back; a regression from his earlier commit(s) anyway.

I run a test with the below commit, because the next commit of it is
my first commit to binutils.

commit 2e6be59c8de57c32260771ac5307968d18793a0a (HEAD -> xxxxx)
Author: Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com>
Date:   Thu Jul 25 13:05:27 2019 +0100

    Stop an illegal memory access by readelf when parsing a corrupt
MIPS binary file.

            PR 24837
            * readelf.c (process_mips_specific): Check for buffer overflow
            before reading reginfo information.

The test fails do exist with this commit.

So I think that it is a long time problem, and in fact my recent
commits resolve them.

>  I haven't run any verification on the reverts as I don't think there is
> any excuse for violating our policies and committing patches with no prior
> approval and/or with objections raised.  I think let's wait and see how
> YunQiang handles it, and if it turns out to be a failure, then I'll handle
> it one way or another (maybe his earlier commits need to be reverted too).

I will resend my patchset, of course with more code style checks.

--
YunQiang Su