From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@orcam.me.uk>
To: Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com>
Cc: binutils@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: New failures for the mips64el-openbsd target
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 15:43:14 +0100 (BST)	[thread overview]

Hi Nick,

>   I do not know if these are related to your recent gas testuite fix
>   (2b462da34de977f953a778afa0cb55e3286ece3d), but would you mind
>   checking please ?  If you cannot reproduce the problems, then it is
>   probably an issue at my end - maybe I need to rerun the configure
>   script or something like that - and I will investigate some more.

 It may well be that one of the YunQiang Su's patches I have reverted
brough these back; a regression from his earlier commit(s) anyway.

 I haven't run any verification on the reverts as I don't think there is
any excuse for violating our policies and committing patches with no prior
approval and/or with objections raised.  I think let's wait and see how
YunQiang handles it, and if it turns out to be a failure, then I'll handle
it one way or another (maybe his earlier commits need to be reverted too).

 NB YunQiang has been around long enough to know what our policies are and
what the requirements are for good patch submissions.  Conversely the Sony
Allegrex support was submitted by a newcomer and it was a perfect example
of how a good submission looks like.  Sure it wasn't perfect, there were a
couple of minor issues, but it was made with due dilligence and it was a
pleasure to review.  So it's not that it cannot be done.

 FWIW,

  Maciej