* 2.42 branch has been created
@ 2024-01-15 15:28 Nick Clifton
                   ` (5 more replies)
From: Nick Clifton @ 2024-01-15 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Hi Everyone,

  The <NEW_VERSION> branch has now been created:

     git clone git://sourceware.org/git/binutils-gdb.git -b binutils-2_42-branch

  A snapshot of the sources is also available here:

    https://sourceware.org/pub/binutils/snapshots/binutils-2.41.90.tar.xz

  Please could all patches for the branch be run by me.
  The rules for the branch are:

    * No new features.
    * Target specific bug fixes are OK.
    * Generic bug fixes are OK if they are important and widely tested.
    * Documentation updates/fixes are OK.
    * Translation updates are OK.
    * Fixes for testsuite failures are OK.

  Ideally I would like to make the release happen in two weeks time,
  i.e. Monday Jan 29.  Which I hope will be enough time for everyone
  to get their final fixes in.

Cheers
  Nick