public inbox for cgen@sourceware.org
* Re: how to use gdb-sim?
       [not found] <F174bXa69FuM2F0kWT800006edd@hotmail.com>
@ 2002-10-09 14:07 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2002-10-09 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 姹 缈; +Cc: cgen

>>>>> "dam" == dam wang <gb2312> writes:

  dam> I'm sorry, but would u please show me some more particular reference?
  dam> I try "target sim" and got such comment: "Undefined target command: "sim".
  dam> Try "help target"." I type "help target" and can not find target option of
  dam> sim. Then I reinstall gdb, try the same command, and got the same comment.

The availability of the "target sim" command is dependent on the
target you configure GDB for.  Many targets don't have an in-built GDB
simulator.

Ben

* Re: how to use gdb-sim?
@ 2002-10-10  3:17 姹 缈
From: 姹 缈 @ 2002-10-10  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bje; +Cc: cgen

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312; format=flowed, Size: 772 bytes --]

hi

>The availability of the "target sim" command is dependent on the
>target you configure GDB for.  Many targets don't have an in-built GDB
>simulator.
>
>Ben

thank u for ur repply

I re-install first with the command :

configure target=sim prefix="PREFIX"

and got the comment that tells me it's a wrong command with unexistent
option.

The source package I have for gdb install contains a subdirectory with the
name of "sim", does it mean it will have an in-build sim? If not, where
could I get the source package with which I can build GDB with an in-build
sim?

thanks a lot

Dam Wang

* Re: how to use gdb-sim?
@ 2002-10-08  5:10 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2002-10-08  5:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 姹 缈; +Cc: cgen

  dam> As mentioned in CGEN's manual, CGEN support GDB's sim as a simulator, but I
  dam> don't know how to use GDB's sim, and I can't find any document which tell
  dam> me how to use it.

These are references to "GDB simulators", that is, the type of
simulators that were traditionally linked into GDB and activated using
the GDB command "target sim".

CGEN can generate both "GDB simulators" and SID simulators.  GDB can
use either simulator, however -- SID has support for talking to GDB.

Ben

* how to use gdb-sim?
@ 2002-10-08  4:52 姹 缈
From: 姹 缈 @ 2002-10-08  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgen

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312; format=flowed, Size: 621 bytes --]

hi

As mentioned in CGEN's manual, CGEN support GDB's sim as a simulator, but I
don't know how to use GDB's sim, and I can't find any document which tell
me how to use it.

Is there any document about GDB's sim, or please tell me how to use it?

In addition, as I know, GDB is a debugger, could it test the performance of
a CPU or a systerm? In fact, that is my purpose to use CGEN && CGEN-based
simulator!

thank u for ur help!

dam wang

* how to use gdb-sim?