public inbox for cgen@sourceware.org
* Re: how to use gdb-sim?
@ 2002-10-10  3:17 姹 缈
From: 姹 缈 @ 2002-10-10  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bje; +Cc: cgen

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312; format=flowed, Size: 772 bytes --]

hi

>The availability of the "target sim" command is dependent on the
>target you configure GDB for.  Many targets don't have an in-built GDB
>simulator.
>
>Ben

thank u for ur repply

I re-install first with the command :

configure target=sim prefix="PREFIX"

and got the comment that tells me it's a wrong command with unexistent
option.

The source package I have for gdb install contains a subdirectory with the
name of "sim", does it mean it will have an in-build sim? If not, where
could I get the source package with which I can build GDB with an in-build
sim?

thanks a lot

Dam Wang

[parent not found: <F174bXa69FuM2F0kWT800006edd@hotmail.com>]
* how to use gdb-sim?
@ 2002-10-08  4:52 姹 缈
From: 姹 缈 @ 2002-10-08  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgen

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312; format=flowed, Size: 621 bytes --]

hi

As mentioned in CGEN's manual, CGEN support GDB's sim as a simulator, but I
don't know how to use GDB's sim, and I can't find any document which tell
me how to use it.

Is there any document about GDB's sim, or please tell me how to use it?

In addition, as I know, GDB is a debugger, could it test the performance of
a CPU or a systerm? In fact, that is my purpose to use CGEN && CGEN-based
simulator!

thank u for ur help!

dam wang

* how to use gdb-sim?