public inbox for cgen@sourceware.org
From: Johan Rydberg <jrydberg@night.trouble.net>
To: Doug Evans <dje@transmeta.com>
Cc: cgen@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: make CGEN a less moving target?
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 17:06:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 2002.12.10 18:32 Doug Evans wrote:

: Off the top of my head, there are at least 3 big things still to be done.
:
: [...]
: - I've always wanted to be able to handle the x86 ISA better.
:   [and ciscy isa's in general]

Yes, this is a big *must* I think.

: While I can understand someone wanting a parser written in C[/C++],
: I always thought forcing people to learn Scheme was a good thing! :-)
: Or are there other reasons for wanting to write your own parser?

Well, trying to make the CGEN cpu descriptions a less moving target
is not a bad thing, even if the reason is not to writing your own parser.

My goal, of course, is to write my own parser.  My reasons may be
strange though.  (one of them being me not wanting to learn Scheme right now.)

brgds,
johan