public inbox for cgen@sourceware.org
* How do I run CGEN?
@ 2006-03-15 22:07 Lindley, Robert A
From: Lindley, Robert A @ 2006-03-15 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgen

Chapter 2 of the manual says - to be written.

Can't figure out how to search this mailing list archives for an answer.
Can only find archived messages by date.

The texi documents have loads of detailed information. Can't find anything
that gives a top level discussion of how to accomplish the series of tasks
that define a processor to making a new as and ld.

configure, make, and make install all worked without error.

Thought I could do cgen --help and get a clue. Could not find a program
named cgen.

The --help for as doesn't give a clue how to find out which processor it
has been setup for.

I need to define a unique (MECA-43) processor and can't get started.

Thanks,

Bob Lindley
robert.a.lindley@boeing.com