* Building toolchain libraries with debugging symbols
@ 2016-02-08  9:41 Thomas De Schampheleire
From: Thomas De Schampheleire @ 2016-02-08  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc maillist

Hello,

What is the 'correct' way to make sure that the libraries of the
toolchain (most importantly libc but possibly others) contain
debugging symbols, so that debugging an application linked to these
libraries works as expected?

Toolchains provided by external vendors are configured as such, but it
seems that crosstool-ng by default does not.

We did not find a global setting for this. As a workaround we applied
the following:

CT_LIBC_GLIBC_EXTRA_CFLAGS="-g"

but it is unclear if this is the 'correct' way or not.

Thanks,
Thomas