public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ITP] gengetopt 2.23
@ 2020-11-29 19:19 Rafel Amer Ramon
From: Rafel Amer Ramon @ 2020-11-29 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hi,

[ITP] gengetopt 2.23

Program home page: https://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt

License: This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
modify
the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.

Debian package: https://packages.debian.org/buster/gengetopt

I have uploaded the files to https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt

https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt.cygport
https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt-2.23.tar.xz

https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt-2.23-1.x86_64/dist/gengetopt/gengetopt-2.23-1-src.hint
https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt-2.23-1.x86_64/dist/gengetopt/gengetopt-2.23-1-src.tar.xz
https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt-2.23-1.x86_64/dist/gengetopt/gengetopt-2.23-1.hint
https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt-2.23-1.x86_64/dist/gengetopt/gengetopt-2.23-1.tar.xz

Best regards,

Rafel Amer

* Re: [ITP] gengetopt 2.23
@ 2020-11-30 19:46 ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2020-11-30 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 11/29/2020 2:19 PM, Rafel Amer Ramon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> [ITP] gengetopt 2.23
>
> Program home page: https://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
>
> License: This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
> it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
> the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or
> (at your option) any later version.
>
> Debian package: https://packages.debian.org/buster/gengetopt
>
> I have uploaded the files to https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt
>
> https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt.cygport
> https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt-2.23.tar.xz
>

> https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt-2.23-1.x86_64/dist/gengetopt/gengetopt-2.23-1-src.hint
>
> https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt-2.23-1.x86_64/dist/gengetopt/gengetopt-2.23-1-src.tar.xz
>
> https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt-2.23-1.x86_64/dist/gengetopt/gengetopt-2.23-1.hint
>
> https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt-2.23-1.x86_64/dist/gengetopt/gengetopt-2.23-1.tar.xz

This looks good.  I just have a few minor comments.

- The SUMMARY should generally not start by repeating the package name.  "A tool
to write command line option parsing code for C programs" suffices.

- I suggest adding

   HOMEPAGE="https://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt/"

- The build produces a source patch because of changes to test files:

 >>> Creating source patches
  tests/test_conf_parser_ov2.c |    2 +-
  tests/test_conf_parser_ov3.c |    4 ++--
  tests/test_conf_parser_ov4.c |    2 +-

   You can use DIFF_EXCLUDES to avoid this.

- There are two failing tests that you might want to look into at some point.

- I noticed that your github repo contains all the build files.  Once you become
maintainer, you will be able to push to the official source repo for the package
(see https://cygwin.com/packaging/repos.html).  This should not contain only the
files needed for building the package (i.e., only the cygport file in your
case).  Pushing to that repo triggers an automatic build (see
https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi).

I'll go ahead and add you to https://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint, but I'm not
sure how to parse your name.  Should it be "Rafel Amer" or "Rafel Amer Ramon" or
something else?

Thanks for becoming a maintainer.

Ken

* Re: [ITP] gengetopt 2.23
@ 2020-11-30 20:28   ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2020-11-30 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 11/30/2020 2:46 PM, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On 11/29/2020 2:19 PM, Rafel Amer Ramon wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> [ITP] gengetopt 2.23
>>
>> Program home page: https://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
>>
>> License: This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
>> it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
>> the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or
>> (at your option) any later version.
>>
>> Debian package: https://packages.debian.org/buster/gengetopt
>>
>> I have uploaded the files to https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt
>>
>> https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt.cygport
>> https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt-2.23.tar.xz
>>

>> https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt-2.23-1.x86_64/dist/gengetopt/gengetopt-2.23-1-src.hint
>>
>> https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt-2.23-1.x86_64/dist/gengetopt/gengetopt-2.23-1-src.tar.xz
>>
>> https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt-2.23-1.x86_64/dist/gengetopt/gengetopt-2.23-1.hint
>>
>> https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt-2.23-1.x86_64/dist/gengetopt/gengetopt-2.23-1.tar.xz
>>

> This looks good.  I just have a few minor comments.
>
> - The SUMMARY should generally not start by repeating the package name.  "A tool
> to write command line option parsing code for C programs" suffices.
>
> - I suggest adding
>
>    HOMEPAGE="https://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt/"
>
> - The build produces a source patch because of changes to test files:
>
>  >>> Creating source patches
>   tests/test_conf_parser_ov2.c |    2 +-
>   tests/test_conf_parser_ov3.c |    4 ++--
>   tests/test_conf_parser_ov4.c |    2 +-
>   3 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
>
>    You can use DIFF_EXCLUDES to avoid this.
>
> - There are two failing tests that you might want to look into at some point.
>
> - I noticed that your github repo contains all the build files.  Once you become
> maintainer, you will be able to push to the official source repo for the package
> (see https://cygwin.com/packaging/repos.html).  This should not contain only the

should contain

> files needed for building the package (i.e., only the cygport file in your
> case).  Pushing to that repo triggers an automatic build (see
> https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi).
>
> I'll go ahead and add you to https://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint, but I'm not
> sure how to parse your name.  Should it be "Rafel Amer" or "Rafel Amer Ramon" or
> something else?
>
> Thanks for becoming a maintainer.
>
> Ken

* Re: [ITP] gengetopt 2.23
@ 2020-12-01 16:04     ` Rafel Amer Ramon
From: Rafel Amer Ramon @ 2020-12-01 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

El 30/11/20 a les 21:28, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps ha escrit:
> On 11/30/2020 2:46 PM, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> On 11/29/2020 2:19 PM, Rafel Amer Ramon wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> [ITP] gengetopt 2.23
>>>
>>> Program home page: https://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
>>>
>>> License: This program is free software; you can redistribute it
>>> and/or modify
>>> it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
>>> the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or
>>> (at your option) any later version.
>>>
>>> Debian package: https://packages.debian.org/buster/gengetopt
>>>
>>> I have uploaded the files to
>>> https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt
>>>
>>> https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt.cygport
>>>
>>> https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt-2.23.tar.xz
>>>

>>> https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt-2.23-1.x86_64/dist/gengetopt/gengetopt-2.23-1-src.hint
>>>
>>> https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt-2.23-1.x86_64/dist/gengetopt/gengetopt-2.23-1-src.tar.xz
>>>
>>> https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt-2.23-1.x86_64/dist/gengetopt/gengetopt-2.23-1.hint
>>>
>>> https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt-2.23-1.x86_64/dist/gengetopt/gengetopt-2.23-1.tar.xz
>>>

>> This looks good.  I just have a few minor comments.
>>
>> - The SUMMARY should generally not start by repeating the package
>> name.  "A tool to write command line option parsing code for C
>> programs" suffices.
>>
>> - I suggest adding
>>
>>    HOMEPAGE="https://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt/"
>>
>> - The build produces a source patch because of changes to test files:
>>
>>  >>> Creating source patches
>>   tests/test_conf_parser_ov2.c |    2 +-
>>   tests/test_conf_parser_ov3.c |    4 ++--
>>   tests/test_conf_parser_ov4.c |    2 +-
>>   3 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
>>
>>    You can use DIFF_EXCLUDES to avoid this.
>>
>> - There are two failing tests that you might want to look into at
>> some point.
>>
>> - I noticed that your github repo contains all the build files. Once
>> you become maintainer, you will be able to push to the official
>> source repo for the package (see
>> https://cygwin.com/packaging/repos.html).  This should not contain
>> only the
>
> should contain
>
>> files needed for building the package (i.e., only the cygport file in
>> your case).  Pushing to that repo triggers an automatic build (see
>> https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi).
>>
>> I'll go ahead and add you to https://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint, but
>> I'm not sure how to parse your name.  Should it be "Rafel Amer" or
>> "Rafel Amer Ramon" or something else?
>>
>> Thanks for becoming a maintainer.
>>
>> Ken

Hi,

I have added the lines

HOMEPAGE="https://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt/"
DIFF_EXCLUDES="test_conf_parser_ov2.c test_conf_parser_ov3.c test_conf_parser_ov4.c"

to gengetopt.cygport and changed the line

SUMMARY="A tool to write command line options parser code for C programs"

but I can't find the failed tests. Maybe they are
cheking for valgring: no
checking for help2man: no

I have installed help2man, but I don't know how to install valgrind.

My name can be in both forms, but I prefer Rafel Amer

Best regards,

Rafel Amer

* Re: [ITP] gengetopt 2.23
@ 2020-12-01 17:23       ` Ken Brown
       [not found]         ` <c69ce275-f73e-8cb8-1e5f-05bc5d0bfdfc@upc.edu>
From: Ken Brown @ 2020-12-01 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 12/1/2020 11:04 AM, Rafel Amer Ramon wrote:
> El 30/11/20 a les 21:28, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps ha escrit:

>>> This looks good.  I just have a few minor comments.
>>>
>>> - The SUMMARY should generally not start by repeating the package name.  "A
>>> tool to write command line option parsing code for C programs" suffices.
>>>
>>> - I suggest adding
>>>
>>>    HOMEPAGE="https://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt/"
>>>
>>> - The build produces a source patch because of changes to test files:
>>>
>>>  >>> Creating source patches
>>>   tests/test_conf_parser_ov2.c |    2 +-
>>>   tests/test_conf_parser_ov3.c |    4 ++--
>>>   tests/test_conf_parser_ov4.c |    2 +-
>>>   3 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
>>>
>>>    You can use DIFF_EXCLUDES to avoid this.
>>>
>>> - There are two failing tests that you might want to look into at some point.
>>>
>>> - I noticed that your github repo contains all the build files. Once you
>>> become maintainer, you will be able to push to the official source repo for
>>> the package (see https://cygwin.com/packaging/repos.html).  This should not
>>> contain only the
>>
>> should contain
>>
>>> files needed for building the package (i.e., only the cygport file in your
>>> case).  Pushing to that repo triggers an automatic build (see
>>> https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi).
>>>
>>> I'll go ahead and add you to https://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint, but I'm not
>>> sure how to parse your name.  Should it be "Rafel Amer" or "Rafel Amer Ramon"
>>> or something else?
>>>
>>> Thanks for becoming a maintainer.
>>>
>>> Ken
>
> Hi,
>
> I have added the lines
>
> HOMEPAGE="https://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt/"
> DIFF_EXCLUDES="test_conf_parser_ov2.c test_conf_parser_ov3.c
> test_conf_parser_ov4.c"
>
> to gengetopt.cygport and changed the line
>
> SUMMARY="A tool to write command line options parser code for C programs"
>
> but I can't find the failed tests. Maybe they are
> cheking for valgring: no
> checking for help2man: no

I'm talking about the tests that are run if you type "cygport gengetopt.cygport
test" (equivalent to running "make check" in an ordinary build that doesn't use
cygport).  Finding the cause of the test failures is not critical, but you
should probably try at some point, not necessarily before uploading.

> I have installed help2man, but I don't know how to install valgrind.
>
> My name can be in both forms, but I prefer Rafel Amer

OK, I've added you as maintainer.  The next step is to send your SSH key
following the instructions at

   https://cygwin.com/packaging/key.html#sshkey

Once you receive an acknowledgement, you can upload the package.

Ken

* Re: [ITP] gengetopt 2.23
       [not found]         ` <c69ce275-f73e-8cb8-1e5f-05bc5d0bfdfc@upc.edu>
@ 2021-02-25 18:39           ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2021-02-25 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2/25/2021 1:18 PM, Rafel Amer Ramon wrote:
> El 1/12/20 a les 18:23, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps ha escrit:
>> On 12/1/2020 11:04 AM, Rafel Amer Ramon wrote:
>>> El 30/11/20 a les 21:28, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps ha escrit:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have added the lines
>>>
>>> HOMEPAGE="https://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt/"
>>> DIFF_EXCLUDES="test_conf_parser_ov2.c test_conf_parser_ov3.c
>>> test_conf_parser_ov4.c"
>>>
>>> to gengetopt.cygport and changed the line
>>>
>>> SUMMARY="A tool to write command line options parser code for C programs"
>>>
>>> but I can't find the failed tests. Maybe they are
>>> cheking for valgring: no
>>> checking for help2man: no
>>
>> I'm talking about the tests that are run if you type "cygport
>> gengetopt.cygport test" (equivalent to running "make check" in an ordinary
>> build that doesn't use cygport).  Finding the cause of the test failures is
>> not critical, but you should probably try at some point, not necessarily
>> before uploading.
>>
>>> I have installed help2man, but I don't know how to install valgrind.
>>>
>>> My name can be in both forms, but I prefer Rafel Amer
>>
>> OK, I've added you as maintainer.  The next step is to send your SSH key
>> following the instructions at
>>
>> https://cygwin.com/packaging/key.html#sshkey
>>
>> Once you receive an acknowledgement, you can upload the package.
>>
>> Ken
>
> Hi,
>
> when I try to upload the package with the command
>
> $ git push cygwin@cygwin.com:/git/cygwin-packages/gengetopt.git

This doesn't upload the package, it just pushes your source repository for the
package to a central place.  The instructions say to use

   git push cygwin@cygwin.com:/git/cygwin-packages/packagename

with no ".git".  I don't know if that's the issue.  Or maybe the problem is that
you haven't uploaded the package yet.  If removing ".git" and/or retrying after
you upload the package don't fix the problem, we'll need Jon Turney's help.

> I get the followin error
>
> cygwin@cygwin.com: Permission denied (publickey).
>
> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
> and the repository exists.
>
> Maybe I don't upload the package correctly.

Instructions for uploading a package are here:

   https://cygwin.com/package-upload.html

Ken