public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ITP] AMF (1.4.29)
@ 2023-02-05  8:38 Takashi Yano
From: Takashi Yano @ 2023-02-05  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

I would like to propose new package AMF, which is
codec-headers for AMD GPUs. This is needed by ffmpeg
package I had proposed, and also provided for ffmpeg-free
package in fedora.

I already prepared the package at the following location.

https://tyan0.yr32.net/cygwin/noarch/release/AMF/

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>

* Re: [ITP] AMF (1.4.29)
@ 2023-02-05 16:34 ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2023-02-05 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Yano, cygwin-apps

On 05/02/2023 08:38, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> I would like to propose new package AMF, which is
> codec-headers for AMD GPUs. This is needed by ffmpeg
> package I had proposed, and also provided for ffmpeg-free
> package in fedora.
>
> I already prepared the package at the following location.
>
> https://tyan0.yr32.net/cygwin/noarch/release/AMF/

A comment in the cygport saying what the src_unpack_hook is doing, and
why would be helpful.

A comment by the "noarch" saying "this is noarch because it's just
header files" would be helpful.

Otherwise, looks good.

* Re: [ITP] AMF (1.4.29)
@ 2023-02-06 12:22   ` Takashi Yano
From: Takashi Yano @ 2023-02-06 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Sun, 5 Feb 2023 16:34:19 +0000
Jon Turney wrote:
> On 05/02/2023 08:38, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> > I would like to propose new package AMF, which is
> > codec-headers for AMD GPUs. This is needed by ffmpeg
> > package I had proposed, and also provided for ffmpeg-free
> > package in fedora.
> >
> > I already prepared the package at the following location.
> >
> > https://tyan0.yr32.net/cygwin/noarch/release/AMF/
>
> A comment in the cygport saying what the src_unpack_hook is doing, and
> why would be helpful.
>
> A comment by the "noarch" saying "this is noarch because it's just
> header files" would be helpful.
>
> Otherwise, looks good.

Thanks for the advice. I revised the cygport file
as attached. Is this as you expected?

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>

[-- Attachment #2: AMF.cygport --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 1640 bytes --]

NAME="AMF"
VERSION=1.4.29
RELEASE=1
LICENSE="MIT"
CATEGORY="Devel"
SUMMARY="Advanced Media Framework (AMF) SDK"
DESCRIPTION="A light-weight, portable multimedia framework that abstracts away most of the platform and API-specific details. AMF is supported on the closed source AMD Pro driver and OpenMax on the open source AMD Mesa driver."
HOMEPAGE="https://gpuopen.com/advanced-media-framework/"
ARCH="noarch" # This is noarch because it's just header files.

SRC_URI="${NAME}-cleaned-${VERSION}.tar.xz"

# Make dummy source file for prep if the cleaned one is not exist.
if [ ! -f ${SRC_URI} ]
then
	mkdir ${NAME}-${VERSION}
	touch ${NAME}-${VERSION}/dummy
	tar acf ${SRC_URI} ${NAME}-${VERSION}
	rm -rf ${NAME}-${VERSION}
fi

CYGPORT_USE_UNSTABLE_API=1
src_unpack_hook() {
	if [ $(tar tvf ../../../${SRC_URI} | wc -l) -eq 2 ] # Source file is dummy
	then
		NV=${NAME}-${VERSION}
		pushd ..
		rm -rf ${NV} # Remove dummy source file.
		# Download original source file.
		wget https://github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/AMF/archive/refs/tags/v${VERSION}.tar.gz
		tar xf v${VERSION}.tar.gz
		rm -f v${VERSION}.tar.gz
		# Remove unnecessary files.
		rm -rf ${NV}/Thirdparty ${NV}/amf/public/common ${NV}/amf/public/make ${NV}/amf/public/proj ${NV}/amf/public/props ${NV}/amf/public/samples ${NV}/amf/public/src ${NV}/amf/doc ${NV}/.github
		# Make cleaned source file which has only necessary header files.
		tar acf ../../${NAME}-cleaned-${VERSION}.tar.xz ${NV}
		popd
	fi
}

src_compile() {
	:
}

src_install() {
	mkdir -p ${D}/usr/include
	# Just make symlink for header files.
	ln -fs ${S}/amf/public/include ${D}/usr/include/${NAME}

* Re: [ITP] AMF (1.4.29)
@ 2023-02-13 18:05     ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2023-02-13 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Yano, cygwin-apps

On 06/02/2023 12:22, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Feb 2023 16:34:19 +0000
> Jon Turney wrote:
>> On 05/02/2023 08:38, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>>> I would like to propose new package AMF, which is
>>> codec-headers for AMD GPUs. This is needed by ffmpeg
>>> package I had proposed, and also provided for ffmpeg-free
>>> package in fedora.
>>>
>>> I already prepared the package at the following location.
>>>
>>> https://tyan0.yr32.net/cygwin/noarch/release/AMF/
>>
>> A comment in the cygport saying what the src_unpack_hook is doing, and
>> why would be helpful.
>>
>> A comment by the "noarch" saying "this is noarch because it's just
>> header files" would be helpful.
>>
>> Otherwise, looks good.
>
> Thanks for the advice. I revised the cygport file
> as attached. Is this as you expected?

# Remove unnecessary files.

I think the only reason for removing files is because they cannot be
distributed by us.  If that's the case, that's what the comment should say.

Otherwise, approved.

* Re: [ITP] AMF (1.4.29)
@ 2023-02-14  9:11       ` Takashi Yano
From: Takashi Yano @ 2023-02-14  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mon, 13 Feb 2023 18:05:44 +0000
Jon Turney wrote:
> On 06/02/2023 12:22, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> > On Sun, 5 Feb 2023 16:34:19 +0000
> > Jon Turney wrote:

> >> A comment in the cygport saying what the src_unpack_hook is doing, and
> >> why would be helpful.
> >>
> >> A comment by the "noarch" saying "this is noarch because it's just
> >> header files" would be helpful.
> >>
> >> Otherwise, looks good.
> >
> > Thanks for the advice. I revised the cygport file
> > as attached. Is this as you expected?
> >

> # Remove unnecessary files.
>
> I think the only reason for removing files is because they cannot be
> distributed by us.  If that's the case, that's what the comment should say.
>
> Otherwise, approved.

The reason why I removed the unnecessary files is the
original tarball is very large (more than 200MB!).

Fedora does the similar:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/AMF/blob/rawhide/f/AMF-tarball.sh

--

@ 2023-02-16 18:48         ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2023-02-16 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Yano, cygwin-apps

On 14/02/2023 09:11, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Feb 2023 18:05:44 +0000
> Jon Turney wrote:
>> On 06/02/2023 12:22, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps wrote:

>>> Thanks for the advice. I revised the cygport file
>>> as attached. Is this as you expected?
>>>

>> # Remove unnecessary files.
>>
>> I think the only reason for removing files is because they cannot be
>> distributed by us.  If that's the case, that's what the comment should say.
>>
>> Otherwise, approved.
>
> The reason why I removed the unnecessary files is the
> original tarball is very large (more than 200MB!).
>
> Fedora does the similar:
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/AMF/blob/rawhide/f/AMF-tarball.sh

I am wrong, that is a good reason, also.