public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ITP] Inetutils 1.9.4
@ 2015-10-31 10:33 D. Boland
From: D. Boland @ 2015-10-31 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin applications

Hi group,

I intend to package the new version of Inetutils, version 1.9.4.

Package inetutils
-----------------
category: Net
requires: bash libgcc1 hostname whois cygwin
sdesc: "Common networking client programs"
ldesc: "inetutils provides common networking clients and
  servers, including the inetd super-server, telnetd and
  telnet, ftpd and ftp, talkd and talk, uucpd (but no uucp
  client), and syslogd."

Package inetutils-server
------------------------
category: Net
requires: bash crypt libgcc1 inetutils tcp_wrappers
sdesc: "Common networking server programs"
ldesc: "inetutils provides common networking clients and
  servers, including the inetd super-server, telnetd and
  telnet, ftpd and ftp, talkd and talk, uucpd (but no uucp
  client), and syslogd."

As you can see, I kept the 'hostname' and 'whois' programs out of the
distribution, and added them on the 'required' line, see:

https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2015-07/msg00046.html

I guess I could have just announced the update, but since I am adopting
the package, maybe I should submit it for approval first:

http://cygwin.boland.nl/x86/release/inetutils/

Good-to-go's are welcome!

Daniel

* [ITP] Inetutils 1.9.4
@ 2016-02-07 18:01 D. Boland
From: D. Boland @ 2016-02-07 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin applications

Hi group,

At Corinna's request, I re-intend to package the new version of
Inetutils, version 1.9.4:

http://cygwin.boland.nl/x86_64/release/inetutils/inetutils-1.9.4-2-src.tar.xz

Package inetutils
-----------------
category: Net
requires: bash libgcc1 hostname whois tftp cygwin
sdesc: "Common networking client programs"
ldesc: "inetutils provides common networking clients and
  servers, including the inetd super-server, telnetd and
  telnet, ftpd and ftp, talkd and talk, uucpd (but no uucp
  client), and syslogd."

Package inetutils-server
------------------------
category: Net
requires: bash crypt libgcc1 inetutils tcp_wrappers tfpt-server
sdesc: "Common networking server programs"
ldesc: "inetutils provides common networking clients and
  servers, including the inetd super-server, telnetd and
  telnet, ftpd and ftp, talkd and talk, uucpd (but no uucp
  client), and syslogd."

Sub-packages
------------
Some programs in the inetutils suite are packaged already:

* hostname
* whois
* tftp
* tftp-server

So I added these on the 'required' lines.

Source-dependencies
-------------------
To build the source code, the following packages are needed:

* help2man
* libcrypt-devel
* libfakesu
* tftp

Also, the following include files are needed:

* /usr/include/netinet/icmp6.h
* /usr/include/netinet/ip_var.h

There has been discussion on including the icmp6.h file in Cygwin 2.3.0.

ip_var.h is needed for the MAX_IPOPTLEN constant. This could be added to
the ip.h file as is done in Linux.

Good-to-go's are welcome!

Daniel