public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Attn: gcc maintainer - calm: WARNING: package 'libgccjit0' doesn't have a curr version
       [not found] <162792485893.1067698.6637349784371762085@server2.sourceware.org>
@ 2021-08-02 17:30 ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2021-08-02 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2021-08-02 11:20, cygwin-apps@cygwin.com wrote:
> WARNING: package 'libgccjit0' doesn't have a curr version
> WARNING: package 'libgccjit0' doesn't have a curr version
> WARNING: package 'libgccjit0' doesn't have a curr version
> WARNING: package 'libgccjit0' doesn't have a curr version
Achim,

These messages are probably appearing on all package upload reports.

* Re: Attn: gcc maintainer - calm: WARNING: package 'libgccjit0' doesn't have a curr version
@ 2021-08-02 18:17   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2021-08-02 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Brian Inglis writes:
> On 2021-08-02 11:20, cygwin-apps-rDBXBDvO6BXQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org wrote:
>> WARNING: package 'libgccjit0' doesn't have a curr version
>> WARNING: package 'libgccjit0' doesn't have a curr version
>> WARNING: package 'libgccjit0' doesn't have a curr version
>> WARNING: package 'libgccjit0' doesn't have a curr version
>
> These messages are probably appearing on all package upload reports.

So what, it's just a warning?  This package is indeed not yet available
as "current" because it's a new package introduced as "test".

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Attn: gcc maintainer - calm: WARNING: package 'libgccjit0' doesn't have a curr version
@ 2021-08-02 19:20     ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2021-08-02 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 02/08/2021 19:17, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Brian Inglis writes:
>> On 2021-08-02 11:20, cygwin-apps-rDBXBDvO6BXQT0dZR+AlfA-XMD5yJDbdMReXY1tMh2IBg@public.gmane.org wrote:
>>> WARNING: package 'libgccjit0' doesn't have a curr version
>>> WARNING: package 'libgccjit0' doesn't have a curr version
>>> WARNING: package 'libgccjit0' doesn't have a curr version
>>> WARNING: package 'libgccjit0' doesn't have a curr version
>>
>> These messages are probably appearing on all package upload reports.
>
> So what, it's just a warning?  This package is indeed not yet available
> as "current" because it's a new package introduced as "test".

Yeah.

Unfortunately, because of the way calm works, this warning appears in
the report for any upload, which is perhaps confusing.

I've configured a suppression for this warning (which is what I usually
do when this situation is intended).

* Re: Attn: gcc maintainer - calm: WARNING: package 'libgccjit0' doesn't have a curr version
@ 2021-08-02 20:52       ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2021-08-02 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2021-08-02 13:20, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 02/08/2021 19:17, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> Brian Inglis writes:
>>> On 2021-08-02 11:20,
>>> cygwin-apps-rDBXBDvO6BXQT0dZR+AlfA-XMD5yJDbdMReXY1tMh2IBg@public.gmane.org
>>>
>>> These messages are probably appearing on all package upload reports.
>>
>> So what, it's just a warning?  This package is indeed not yet available
>> as "current" because it's a new package introduced as "test".

Maintainers have to recheck if anything they did recently referenced
that name in case they screwed up and calm did not warn immediately.
Eventually deciding it is possibly due to not having a current release
in the current setup.ini after downloading and checking. ;^>

> Yeah.
>
> Unfortunately, because of the way calm works, this warning appears in
> the report for any upload, which is perhaps confusing.
>
> I've configured a suppression for this warning (which is what I usually
> do when this situation is intended).

Thanks Jon