public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ITA] zziplib
@ 2020-05-13 18:44 Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2020-05-13 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

cygport file attached.  I bumped the version to 0.13.71, the latest upstream
release.  I also made the following changes to Yaakov's cygport file, in
addition to a couple of trivial ones:

1. I removed the configure argument --disable-builddir, which is no longer
needed or supported.

2. I primed the cache so that configure would think I didn't have xmlto
installed.  The latter failed to produce man files, for reasons I didn't try to
figure out.

Ken

[-- Attachment #2: zziplib.cygport --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 1118 bytes --]

NAME="zziplib"
VERSION=0.13.71
RELEASE=1
CATEGORY="Archive"
SUMMARY="ZIP file library"
DESCRIPTION="The zziplib library provides read access to zipped files in a
zip-archive, using compression based solely on free algorithms
provided by zlib.  It also provides a functionality to overlay the
archive filesystem with the filesystem of the operating system
environment."
HOMEPAGE="https://github.com/gdraheim/zziplib"
SRC_URI="https://github.com/gdraheim/zziplib/archive/v${VERSION}/${NAME}-v${VERSION}.tar.gz"
PATCH_URI="0.13.62-no-undefined.patch"

BUILD_REQUIRES="zlib-devel zip python3"

PKG_NAMES="${NAME} libzzip0.13 libzzip-devel"
zziplib_SUMMARY="ZIP file utilities"
zziplib_CONTENTS="usr/bin/*.exe usr/share/doc/"
libzzip0_13_CONTENTS="usr/bin/*-0-13.dll"
libzzip_devel_CONTENTS="usr/include/ usr/lib/ usr/share/aclocal/ usr/share/man/"

DIFF_EXCLUDES="test.zip"

# xmlto fails to create man pages for unknown reasons.  Force the
# build to use the supplied dbk2man.py instead.
CYGCONF_ARGS="
	--with-zlib=/usr
	ac_cv_header_windows_h=no
	ac_cv_header_winbase_h=no
	ac_cv_header_winnt_h=no
	ac_cv_path_XMLTO=
"

* Re: [ITA] zziplib
@ 2020-05-14  3:10 ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2020-05-14  3:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Wed, 2020-05-13 at 14:44 -0400, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> cygport file attached.  I bumped the version to 0.13.71, the latest upstream
> release.  I also made the following changes to Yaakov's cygport file, in
> addition to a couple of trivial ones:
>
> 1. I removed the configure argument --disable-builddir, which is no longer
> needed or supported.

The macro that required that is commented out in configure.ac, so
that's fine.

> 2. I primed the cache so that configure would think I didn't have xmlto
> installed.  The latter failed to produce man files, for reasons I didn't try to
> figure out.

They build on my system with xmlto 0.0.26, so it's probably a matter of
a missing dependency.  Do you have all the docbook-* packages
installed?  What error message is shown?

--
Yaakov

* Re: [ITA] zziplib
@ 2020-05-14  4:27   ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2020-05-14  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2020-05-13 21:10, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On Wed, 2020-05-13 at 14:44 -0400, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> cygport file attached.  I bumped the version to 0.13.71, the latest upstream
>> release.  I also made the following changes to Yaakov's cygport file, in
>> addition to a couple of trivial ones:
>>
>> 1. I removed the configure argument --disable-builddir, which is no longer
>> needed or supported.
>
> The macro that required that is commented out in configure.ac, so
> that's fine.
>
>> 2. I primed the cache so that configure would think I didn't have xmlto
>> installed.  The latter failed to produce man files, for reasons I didn't try to
>> figure out.
>
> They build on my system with xmlto 0.0.26, so it's probably a matter of
> a missing dependency.  Do you have all the docbook-* packages
> installed?  What error message is shown?

It may be one of the following I have manually installed for some reason:

docbook-utils	0.6.14-2	Converts DocBook to other formats
docbook-xml45	4.5-1
docbook2X	0.8.8-1		Converts DocBook to man and Texinfo formats

probably the first -utils or last 2X as they appear in a cygport DEPEND list.

[Data in IEC units and prefixes, physical quantities in SI.]

* Re: [ITA] zziplib
@ 2020-05-14  5:59 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2020-05-14  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Am 13.05.2020 um 20:44 schrieb Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps:
> cygport file attached.  I bumped the version to 0.13.71, the latest
> upstream release.  I also made the following changes to Yaakov's cygport
> file, in addition to a couple of trivial ones:
>
> 1. I removed the configure argument --disable-builddir, which is no
> longer needed or supported.
>
> 2. I primed the cache so that configure would think I didn't have xmlto
> installed.  The latter failed to produce man files, for reasons I didn't
> try to figure out.
>
> Ken

changed maintainer

* Re: [ITA] zziplib
@ 2020-05-14 12:03   ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2020-05-14 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 5/13/2020 11:10 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On Wed, 2020-05-13 at 14:44 -0400, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> 2. I primed the cache so that configure would think I didn't have xmlto
>> installed.  The latter failed to produce man files, for reasons I didn't try to
>> figure out.
>
> They build on my system with xmlto 0.0.26, so it's probably a matter of
> a missing dependency.  Do you have all the docbook-* packages
> installed?  What error message is shown?

The error message was

I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd

Installing docbook-xml412 fixed it (Duh!).

Thanks.

Ken