public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* cygclass python-wheel setup.cfg-only projects
@ 2022-12-01 22:20 Libor Ukropec
From: Libor Ukropec @ 2022-12-01 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hello,

I have question to cygclass python-wheel. It seems that setup.py is being omited in some
python packages (here I faced it in the python-fasteners) and as described here:
https://setuptools.pypa.io/en/latest/setuptools.html , chapter "setup.cfg-only projects"

 > If setup.py is missing from the project directory when a PEP 517 build is invoked,
 > setuptools emulates a dummy setup.py file containing only a setuptools.setup() call.

Currently the cyglass requires the setup.py being present, otherwise it throws error "No
Python Distutils module detected"

IMHO would be nice if the cygclass handle this case. Or should I create a patch that
inserts empty setup.py module instead?

Thank you,
Libor