public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* Re: Statically initialising pthread attributes in dynamic dlls.
       [not found]                   ` <20100225144818.GR5683@calimero.vinschen.de>
@ 2010-02-25 15:19                     ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2010-02-25 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thread TITTTL'd

On 25/02/2010 14:48, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Feb 25 14:47, Dave Korn wrote:
>> On 25/02/2010 14:21, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>
>>> Did you test it on Windows Server 2008?
>>   I'm afraid I don't have access to any of the server versions.
> Heh.
>
>>> Btw., if you don't have a Server 2008 machine, just install from here:
>>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/cc137233.aspx
>>>
>>> Works fine as a VM.  Even my Server 2008 domain controller is running in
>>> a VM.
>>   Hey, thanks!  I'll download it and check everything out.  More later.
>
> Btw., the evaluation period is 60 days, but you can easily push it to
> a generous 240 days by re-arming the evaluation period timeout counter:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948472

  Haha, it's in a VM, I can push it to anything I like; like Pascal's
theoretical evil daemon, or any mad scientist with a brain in a jar, I control
the horizontal hold, I control the vertical, and, above everything else, I
control the RTC settings and snapshot/restore process .......

    cheers,
      DaveK

* Re: Statically initialising pthread attributes in dynamic dlls.
@ 2010-02-25 15:25                       ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2010-02-25 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

On Feb 25 15:37, Dave Korn wrote:
> On 25/02/2010 14:48, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> >>   I'm afraid I don't have access to any of the server versions.
> > Heh.

> >>   Hey, thanks!  I'll download it and check everything out.  More later.
> >
> > Btw., the evaluation period is 60 days, but you can easily push it to
> > a generous 240 days by re-arming the evaluation period timeout counter:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948472
>
>   Haha, it's in a VM, I can push it to anything I like; like Pascal's
> theoretical evil daemon, or any mad scientist with a brain in a jar, I control
> the horizontal hold, I control the vertical, and, above everything else, I
> control the RTC settings and snapshot/restore process .......

The other choice is to re-install the test machine every 240 days
and use correct timestamps on shares in the net.  It's just for
testing anyway, right?

Corinna

* Re: Statically initialising pthread attributes in dynamic dlls.
@ 2010-02-25 18:27                         ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2010-02-25 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: never let common sense stop you from doing something the wrong
	way if you think it will be more fun

On 25/02/2010 15:25, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Feb 25 15:37, Dave Korn wrote:

>>> Heh.

>>> Btw., the evaluation period is 60 days, but you can easily push it to a
>>> generous 240 days by re-arming the evaluation period timeout counter:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948472
>> Haha, it's in a VM, I can push it to anything I like; like Pascal's
>> theoretical evil daemon, or any mad scientist with a brain in a jar, I
>> control the horizontal hold, I control the vertical, and, above
>> everything else, I control the RTC settings and snapshot/restore process
>
> The other choice is to re-install the test machine every 240 days and use
> correct timestamps on shares in the net.

  But that's not as _evil_ as mind control!

> It's just for testing anyway, right?

  As long as by "testing", you mean "sadistic psychological torture"!

    cheers,
      DaveK

* Re: Statically initialising pthread attributes in dynamic dlls.
@ 2010-02-25 19:08                           ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2010-02-25 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

On Feb 25 18:45, Dave Korn wrote:
> On 25/02/2010 15:25, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> >> Haha, it's in a VM, I can push it to anything I like; like Pascal's
> >> theoretical evil daemon, or any mad scientist with a brain in a jar, I
> >> control the horizontal hold, I control the vertical, and, above
> >> everything else, I control the RTC settings and snapshot/restore process
> >
> > The other choice is to re-install the test machine every 240 days and use
> > correct timestamps on shares in the net.
>
>   But that's not as _evil_ as mind control!
>
> > It's just for testing anyway, right?
>
>   As long as by "testing", you mean "sadistic psychological torture"!

Oh boy, "WJM" actually slipped my mind for a while.  *blush*

Corinna

* Re: Statically initialising pthread attributes in dynamic dlls.
@ 2010-02-27 16:11                             ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2010-02-27 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: What the maintainership of these programs is aiming at is
	responsibility,
	and responsibility without power - the prerogative of the chump
	through the ages. HEY, WAITTAMINNIT! DOH!

On 25/02/2010 19:08, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Feb 25 18:45, Dave Korn wrote:
>> On 25/02/2010 15:25, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>>> It's just for testing anyway, right?
>>   As long as by "testing", you mean "sadistic psychological torture"!
>
> Oh boy, "WJM" actually slipped my mind for a while.  *blush*

  Oh, speaking of WJM and sadistic psychological torture, I see you got
appointed to a new maintainership.  I think I finally came up with the perfect
word to sum up such pyrrhic promotions:  Congratumiserations!

    cheers,
      DaveK

* Re: Statically initialising pthread attributes in dynamic dlls.
@ 2010-02-28 12:12                               ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2010-02-28 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

On Feb 27 16:28, Dave Korn wrote:
> On 25/02/2010 19:08, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> >>   As long as by "testing", you mean "sadistic psychological torture"!
> >
> > Oh boy, "WJM" actually slipped my mind for a while.  *blush*
>
>   Oh, speaking of WJM and sadistic psychological torture, I see you got
> appointed to a new maintainership.  I think I finally came up with the perfect

That's "anointed" I believe and ...

> word to sum up such pyrrhic promotions:  Congratumiserations!

... "pyrrhic" is quite a good choice of words.

Corinna