public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* Re: cygintl-8.dll was not found
       [not found]                 ` <4BBA3A46.3030906@gmail.com>
@ 2010-04-05 21:22                   ` Andy Koppe
From: Andy Koppe @ 2010-04-05 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

On 5 April 2010 20:30, Dave Korn wrote:
> On 05/04/2010 19:39, wefwef wefwef wrote:
>
>> You also can't see obvious flaws that are right in front of your face,
>> even after they have been pointed out to you several times.
>
>  Sigh, there's that word "obvious" again, as if the way you perceive things
> is absolute and objective and definitively correct and anyone who feels
> differently is just wrong.

Dave, don't forget about your piano teaching duties.

(Although, going by the username, it can't be entirely ruled out that
you are in fact dealing with a keyboard-wielding member of the Canidae
family here.)

Andy

* Re: cygintl-8.dll was not found
@ 2010-04-06 22:00                     ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2010-04-06 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Life On The Helldesk Cygwin-Talk Maiming List

On 05/04/2010 22:22, Andy Koppe wrote:
> On 5 April 2010 20:30, Dave Korn wrote:
>> On 05/04/2010 19:39, wefwef wefwef wrote:
>>
>>> You also can't see obvious flaws that are right in front of your face,
>>> even after they have been pointed out to you several times.
>>  Sigh, there's that word "obvious" again, as if the way you perceive things
>> is absolute and objective and definitively correct and anyone who feels
>> differently is just wrong.
>
> Dave, don't forget about your piano teaching duties.

  You remember all that plinking and plonking and banging and crashing and
woofing?  That was *me*, not the dog!  He was next door, practicing the
Moonlight Sonata at the time.  As it happens, my dog has far surpassed my
piano-teaching abilities by now; he's off on a world tour as soloist with the
Royal Philharmonic Opera next month, and has a series of CD releases coming
out this summer.

> (Although, going by the username, it can't be entirely ruled out that
> you are in fact dealing with a keyboard-wielding member of the Canidae
> family here.)

  Actually, I was fully expecting him to claim that his dog had eaten those
log files :-)

    cheers,
      DaveK