public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* FW: Serious performance problems (malloc related?)
@ 2005-06-02 13:59 Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2005-06-02 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'received wisdoms maligned within'

----Original Message----

  Wow!  Who ever said Americans don't get irony?  That was perfect!  And
TOFU too!

    cheers,
      DaveK

* OoC Ironic assessment (was Serious performance problems (malloc related?))
@ 2005-06-04 22:37 ` Linda W
From: Linda W @ 2005-06-04 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk; +Cc: dave.korn

OoC! OoC!!! (Out of Context) and poppycock!  I didn't speculate on the
problem, I speculated what made Window's 'File-Open's so slow.
This is a known problem. It wasn't speculation about what cygwin was
doing.  ;-/

Unless, you are asserting that I haven't instrumented WinXP
to find it's performance bottlenecks, but that would hardly be
necessary to comment on performance issues concerning POSIX emulation
vs. native performance.

Wind me up, you are trying, me thinks.  *Plblblb*

-l

Dave Korn wrote:

> [...]

* RE: OoC Ironic assessment (was Serious performance problems (malloc related?))
@ 2005-06-07 10:38   ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2005-06-07 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
> OoC! OoC!!! (Out of Context) and poppycock!  I didn't speculate on the
> problem, I speculated what made Window's 'File-Open's so slow.
> This is a known problem. It wasn't speculation about what cygwin was
> doing.  ;-/
>
> Unless, you are asserting that I haven't instrumented WinXP
> to find it's performance bottlenecks, but that would hardly be
> necessary to comment on performance issues concerning POSIX emulation
> vs. native performance.
>
> Wind me up, you are trying, me thinks.  *Plblblb*
>
> -l

  goshdarn my secret is out!

@ 2005-06-07 18:38     ` One Angry User
From: One Angry User @ 2005-06-07 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Dave Korn's computer deigned to emit the following stream of bytes:

Cue the chickens...

OAU