* Re: Clipboard interaction issues - breaks after awhile
@ 2014-10-03 20:02 mathog
From: mathog @ 2014-10-03 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Today I ran into an interesting variant of this.

1.  putty   ssh -X session from XP to a remote Centos 6.5 system.
2.  on the remote system: xterm &
3.  copy a line of text on remote system
4.  paste it into a roundcube "compose" window on XP system.  The
browser is
Seamonkey 2.29.

It works fine for a while and then the _browser_ locks.  It is
definitely an X11
issue because this unlocked the browser: exit all xterms, exit the putty
session, kill
the X11 server.  The browser didn't unlock until the last step.

This lock up happened twice within half an hour.  Now I can't reproduce
it.

That is the only system I have used recently that uses xterm instead of
uxterm.

The clipboard problems I have seen previously were all in the other
direction, where clip going into an X11 application would fail.

Unfortunately I didn't save the X server log file.  Which, brings up
another point.
The X11 server is started by clicking on "start_server.bat" which
contains:

@echo off
set CYGXTOP=%~dp0
C:
chdir "%CYGXTOP%\bin"
start Xwin :0 -multiwindow

It always overwrites the Xwin.0.log file when it starts.  Is there some
change we could make to this .bat script that would cause it to at least
save one previous version?

Regards,

David Mathog
mathog@caltech.edu

* Clipboard interaction issues - breaks after awhile
@ 2014-09-10 16:33 Nem W Schlecht
From: Nem W Schlecht @ 2014-09-10 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

After the latest update to xorg-server (1.16.0-1), I've been having
issues with clipboard interaction between my xterm windows and Windows
apps.  Bi-directional copy/paste works initially, but at some unknown
point stops working.  Anybody else seeing this as well?  What can I do
to help debug this issue?

--
Nem W Schlecht