* No such file or directory
@ 2020-07-06 12:57 Billie Healy
From: Billie Healy @ 2020-07-06 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I downloaded Cygwin for use in a C programming class. I made sure to also
include gcc, make, nano, and vim. Nano and Vim do fine, but when I enter
gcc hello.c
bash reponds "no such file or directory."
I have changed my path according to instructions and checked the path to
make sure it is set correctly.
I am running Windows 10 if this makes a difference.
Thank you for any help you can give me. If you can, please make your
response simple as I am a complete novice.
Many thanks,
Billie Healy

* Re: No such file or directory
@ 2020-07-06 16:41 ` ASSI
From: ASSI @ 2020-07-06 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Billie Healy via Cygwin writes:
> I downloaded Cygwin for use in a C programming class. I made sure to also
> include gcc, make, nano, and vim. Nano and Vim do fine, but when I enter
> gcc hello.c
> bash reponds "no such file or directory."

It would help if you posted the actual command line and response on the
terminal.  If gcc was complaining about hello.c missing then it would
give you a more elaborate error message than what you have shown and if
bash was complaining about gcc missing it would say "gcc: command not
found".

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld:

* Re: No such file or directory
@ 2020-07-06 16:59   ` Eliot Moss
From: Eliot Moss @ 2020-07-06 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ASSI, cygwin

On 7/6/2020 12:41 PM, ASSI wrote:
> Billie Healy via Cygwin writes:
>> I downloaded Cygwin for use in a C programming class. I made sure to also
>> include gcc, make, nano, and vim. Nano and Vim do fine, but when I enter
>> gcc hello.c
>> bash reponds "no such file or directory."
>
> It would help if you posted the actual command line and response on the
> terminal.  If gcc was complaining about hello.c missing then it would
> give you a more elaborate error message than what you have shown and if
> bash was complaining about gcc missing it would say "gcc: command not
> found".

And I would ask: "Is gcc on your path?"  For example, on my system, which
has gcc installed, the response to "type gcc" is "/usr/bin/gcc".  If I
do "type xxx" (some non-existent program) I get "xxx: not found".

Sounds to me like you may need to set up your PATH variable ...

If you're going to be using cygwin, then this should be a somewhat
familiar concept.  One typical place to set it up is in your
.bash_profile file in your HOME directory (mine is /home/moss in
the cygwin tree).

Best _EM

* RE: No such file or directory
@ 2008-06-26 15:37   ` pirracas77
From: pirracas77 @ 2008-06-26 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I reinstalled all cygwin. Now works fine.

Dave Korn wrote:

> pirracas77 wrote on 26 June 2008 07:53:
>
>> Hello all:
>>
>> I am trying to make a script in bash using cygwin. (script.sh)
>> There is a line with a command like this
>>
>> ping www.xxxxxxxx.com -t > file.txt
>>
>> when I launch this commad througth the promtp this commad works without
>> problems but when I launch the script "bash script.sh" a "No such file or
>> directory" message it is showed.
>> Any ideas?
>
>   http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.not-found
>

>     cheers,
>       DaveK
> --
> Can't think of a witty .sigline today....
>

> --

* RE: No such file or directory
@ 2008-06-26  9:35 ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2008-06-26  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2008-06-26  9:07 pirracas77
From: pirracas77 @ 2008-06-26  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello all:

I am trying to make a script in bash using cygwin. (script.sh)
There is a line with a command like this

ping www.xxxxxxxx.com -t > file.txt

when I launch this commad througth the promtp this commad works without
problems but when I launch the script "bash script.sh" a "No such file or
directory" message it is showed.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

* Re: No such file or directory
       [not found] <f9dce6b30707120418yc2bea1axa699bea2d824e176@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2007-07-12 12:38 ` Larry Hall (Cygwin)
From: Larry Hall (Cygwin) @ 2007-07-12 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: cygwin-xfree

syam prasad wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I installed cygwin , version 3.2.17(15)-release (i686-pc-cygwin)
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is not a valid release version of Cygwin.  Looks to me like you
grabbed the output of 'bash --version' and munged it for your purposes.
Don't do that.  It doesn't help anyone.

> on my windows XP PC. I am using perl script to create make files. But
> the problem I am facing is, while I am compiling the files , following
> error occurred.  "No such file or directory". But in the makefile.mk
> all the header file locations are included as -I/xxx/xxx/xx \. What
> might be the problem? Please help me in over coming this issue..

Why are you posting to cygwin-xfree?  This has nothing to do with X.
General inquiries about Cygwin should go to the main cygwin list.
I've reset the 'Reply-To' appropriately.  Please follow-up on cygwin
list.  But before you do, please read and follow the problem reporting
guidelines at <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>.  The information you've
given so far about this problem is not enough to even hazard a WAG at
where your trouble lies.

Holliston, MA 01746

* no such file or directory
@ 2004-12-06 23:49 Kevin Smith
From: Kevin Smith @ 2004-12-06 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Upon trying to build mozilla, after following directions to the "T", I
get this error when trying to build:

"/cygdrive/c/mozilla/ no such file or directory"

I can cd to this very directory....

Is this perhaps a path problem?

* No such file or directory
@ 2002-12-13 16:03 ganglio
From: ganglio @ 2002-12-13 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi!
i'm trying to compile bochs-2.0-pre3 under cygwin but it give me the
following error:

"win32.cc:61:39: windows32/CommonFunctions.h: No such file or directory"

i looked over the net and i discovered that the file
should be in the

/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/include

directory but it there isn't.

does some one help me?

thanks a lot

Roberto Torella

* Re: No such file or directory
@ 2000-03-27 14:23   ` Michael Hirmke
From: Michael Hirmke @ 2000-03-27 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Chris,

[...]
>So, the only other alternative is to modify, cp and mv.  I guess we
>could also change every open in make but I don't think that's the
>right solution.
>
>Other POSIX-over-Windows packages seem to default to finding a ".exe".
>I don't think this would be too burdensome, myself.

What about setting some env var like EXESUFFIX=.exe and let those tools
look for it and use it *only* if it exists.
This wouldn't affect the normal behaviour of those tools, and you could
set it on and off whenever you need it.

>cgf

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
                         | WWW     http://aquarius.franken.de/

* Re: No such file or directory
@ 2000-03-27  7:56 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-03-27  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 06:01:36AM -0800, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>--- Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> wrote:
>-8<-
>> install.exe in the next version of cygwin will be ".exe" aware.
>>
>> It hasn't been done before now because, ah, we haven't had an official
>> net release in a long time.  The Cygwin CD version does use this version
>> of install, however.
>>

>I'll suggest that you use the same type of patch for size, as it get's used in
>some Makefiles (bash is an example).

Ahem.  Patches gratefully accepted.

cgf

* Re: No such file or directory
@ 2000-03-27  7:51 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-03-27  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Earnie Boyd; +Cc: cygwin

On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 05:55:31AM -0800, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>--- Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Mar 25, 2000 at 10:40:13PM -0500, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
>> wrote:
>> >Looks to me like your big problem is the install program which assumes the
>> >UNIX convention of executables without extensions (.exe).  It looks for
>> >remind and not remind.exe, which is what exists.
>>
>> I wonder if it would really be a big deal if cygwin, by default, found a
>> file "foo.exe" if there was no existing file "foo".
>>
>> We keep running into this problem and I wonder if implementing this in
>> cygwin would solve more problems than it causes.
>>

>What a concept Chris! ;^)  It sounds like an awesome task.  What happens if foo
>and foo.exe exists?

Then foo wins, of course.

>What is going to change install or Cygwin1.dll?

When I refer to cygwin, I mean the DLL.

>P.S.: What is cygwin@hotpop.com?

No idea.

cgf

* Re: No such file or directory
@ 2000-03-27  7:25         ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2000-03-27  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com

At 12:05 PM 3/26/00, you wrote:
>On Sat, Mar 25, 2000 at 11:07:27PM -0500, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:
> >>
> >>I wonder if it would really be a big deal if cygwin, by default, found a
> >>file "foo.exe" if there was no existing file "foo".
> >>
> >>We keep running into this problem and I wonder if implementing this in
> >>cygwin would solve more problems than it causes.
> >
> >Its been a while but isn't there already something in there that does the
> >reverse for executables in general?  I should go looking.  My guess is what
> >I'm remembering is a related but different topic.
>
>The stat() function call will locate a file with no extension and one
>with a .exe extension.  Obviously, the spawn() and exec() calls do
>something similar.
>
>The problem is that if you do a stat("ls", &st) it will succeed but
>open("ls", whatever) will fail.

Ah, OK, stat() would've been what I was thinking of.  I've spent some time
there!;-)  I didn't realize there was an difference between what stat() did
and what open() did in this regard.

> >But I agree with you.  This is a common "problem" of the
> >configure/make/ install sequence of GNU packages on Cygwin and,
> >although its not a big deal to work with once you understand it, it
> >does generate list traffic regularly.  I guess I'm wondering why the
> >alternate install script solution that has been "floated" in the past
> >is not something Cygwin uses now.  I admit I never looked that closely
> >at it.  If it does the right job, the thing that I think is good about
> >it is that it targets the problem in the context of installs, which
> >seems to be where the problem lies...
>
>install.exe in the next version of cygwin will be ".exe" aware.
>
>It hasn't been done before now because, ah, we haven't had an official
>net release in a long time.  The Cygwin CD version does use this version
>of install, however.

Right.  I figured the install issue was mostly a latency thing.  Anyway, in
my opinion, at least the category of problem I see popping up in the list
allot would be resolved by this change.  This seems adequate to me (although
once its in place for the populace in general, I might decide otherwise!;-))

Thanks for the info/clarification.

Larry

* Re: No such file or directory
@ 2000-03-27  6:01 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-03-27  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc); +Cc: cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com

--- Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> wrote:
-8<-
> install.exe in the next version of cygwin will be ".exe" aware.
>
> It hasn't been done before now because, ah, we haven't had an official
> net release in a long time.  The Cygwin CD version does use this version
> of install, however.

I'll suggest that you use the same type of patch for size, as it get's used in
some Makefiles (bash is an example).

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >
            __Cygwin: POSIX on Windows__
Cygwin Newbies: < http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html >
           __Minimalist GNU for Windows__
  Mingw32 List: < http://www.egroups.com/group/mingw32/ >
    Mingw Home: < http://www.mingw.org/ >

* Re: No such file or directory
@ 2000-03-27  5:56 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-03-27  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Faylor, cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com

--- Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 25, 2000 at 10:40:13PM -0500, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
> wrote:
> >Looks to me like your big problem is the install program which assumes the
> >UNIX convention of executables without extensions (.exe).  It looks for
> >remind and not remind.exe, which is what exists.
>
> I wonder if it would really be a big deal if cygwin, by default, found a
> file "foo.exe" if there was no existing file "foo".
>
> We keep running into this problem and I wonder if implementing this in
> cygwin would solve more problems than it causes.

What a concept Chris! ;^)  It sounds like an awesome task.  What happens if foo
and foo.exe exists?  What is going to change install or Cygwin1.dll?

Regards,
Earnie
P.S.: What is cygwin@hotpop.com?

* Re: No such file or directory
@ 2000-03-26 16:11 Rick Rankin
From: Rick Rankin @ 2000-03-26 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Oh, I didn't think you were being critical, and on this particular issue, I
don't have a strong opinion one way or the other. Just playing devil's
advocate. ;-)

Another implementation option might be a switch to configure so that someone
could download the source and "easily" rebuild with the feature turned
off(assuming it's enabled by default). This might ease the support burden but
still give a user who has the know-how and inclination the opportunity to
disable the feature without having to hack the source.

Rick
--
Rick Rankin
rick_rankin@yahoo.com

* Re: No such file or directory
@ 2000-03-26 15:09 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-03-26 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

@ 2000-03-26 15:02 Rick Rankin
From: Rick Rankin @ 2000-03-26 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

I wasn't necessarily saying that it is the "wrong" solution, just that it needs
to be considered carefully. I wasn't aware that other POSIX layers (I assume
you are referring to UWIN or similar) have sucessfully implemented a similar
feature. I haven't thought it through, but on the surface, it does seem that it
could solve many compatability issues.

If you decide to implement it, should it be selectable via, for example, a
CYGWIN environment variable setting?

Rick
--
Rick Rankin
rick_rankin@yahoo.com

--- Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 25, 2000 at 08:13:08PM -0800, Rick Rankin wrote:
> >I don't know.  I think you'd want to consider it very carefully.  I'd
> >be pretty annoyed if I typed 'cat foo', thinking foo contained a few
> >lines of text, and cat instead opened foo.exe because I was in the
> >wrong directory or something like that.
> >
> >It seems like most of the problems you refered to are related to make
> >and/or install.  Wouldn't it be better to "fix" these programs than to
> >build something like this into the core?
>
> The problem is already "fixed" in install but that doesn't "fix" the
> problem for packages that don't use "install".
>
> So, the only other alternative is to modify, cp and mv.  I guess we
> could also change every open in make but I don't think that's the
> right solution.
>
> Other POSIX-over-Windows packages seem to default to finding a ".exe".
> I don't think this would be too burdensome, myself.
>
> cgf
>
> >--- Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> wrote:
> >> I wonder if it would really be a big deal if cygwin, by default, found a
> >> file "foo.exe" if there was no existing file "foo".
> >>
> >> We keep running into this problem and I wonder if implementing this in
> >> cygwin would solve more problems than it causes.
>
> --

* Re: No such file or directory
@ 2000-03-26  9:13 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-03-26  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

@ 2000-03-26  9:06       ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-03-26  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc); +Cc: cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com

@ 2000-03-25 20:13 Rick Rankin
From: Rick Rankin @ 2000-03-25 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

I don't know. I think you'd want to consider it very carefully. I'd be pretty
annoyed if I typed 'cat foo', thinking foo contained a few lines of text, and
cat instead opened foo.exe because I was in the wrong directory or something
like that.

It seems like most of the problems you refered to are related to make and/or
install. Wouldn't it be better to "fix" these programs than to build something
like this into the core?

Rick
--
Rick Rankin
rick_rankin@yahoo.com

--- Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> wrote:
> I wonder if it would really be a big deal if cygwin, by default, found a
> file "foo.exe" if there was no existing file "foo".
>
> We keep running into this problem and I wonder if implementing this in
> cygwin would solve more problems than it causes.
>
> cgf

* Re: No such file or directory
@ 2000-03-25 20:11     ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2000-03-25 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Faylor, cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com

At 10:48 PM 3/25/00, Chris Faylor wrote:
>On Sat, Mar 25, 2000 at 10:40:13PM -0500, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:
> >Looks to me like your big problem is the install program which assumes the
> >UNIX convention of executables without extensions (.exe).  It looks for
> >remind and not remind.exe, which is what exists.
>
>I wonder if it would really be a big deal if cygwin, by default, found a
>file "foo.exe" if there was no existing file "foo".
>
>We keep running into this problem and I wonder if implementing this in
>cygwin would solve more problems than it causes.
>
>cgf

Its been a while but isn't there already something in there that does the
reverse for executables in general?  I should go looking.  My guess is what
I'm remembering is a related but different topic.

But I agree with you.  This is a common "problem" of the configure/make/
install sequence of GNU packages on Cygwin and, although its not a big deal
to work with once you understand it, it does generate list traffic regularly.
I guess I'm wondering why the alternate install script solution that has been
"floated" in the past is not something Cygwin uses now.  I admit I never
looked that closely at it.  If it does the right job, the thing that I
think is good about it is that it targets the problem in the context of
installs, which seems to be where the problem lies...

                                        (508) 560-1285 - cell phone

* Re: No such file or directory
@ 2000-03-25 19:50   ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-03-25 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com

@ 2000-03-25 19:44 ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2000-03-25 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Goforth, cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com

At 05:43 PM 3/24/00, Eric Goforth wrote:
>I'm trying to compile the Remind utility to work under Cygwin.  I
>initially tried compiling it with the I've compiled it, and then tried
>"make install," but I'm getting a bunch of "No such file or directory"
>messages.  I created a /usr/local/man and /usr/local/bin directories.  I
>then tried doing another "make" and "make install."  Apparently, it
>compiled correctly?
>
>In the Readme.DOS file I am told the following:
>
>3 - If you are using Turbo C to compile Remind, type:
>
>         make -fmakefile.tc
>
>     If you are using Microsoft C to compile Remind, type:
>
>         make makefile.msc
>
>I considered trying to compile it with the  -mno-cygwin option and using
>one of these other makefiles.  I'm not much of a C programmer as I'm
>sure you can tell.
>
>BASH.EXE-2.02$ make
>
>*******************
>*                 *
>* Building REMIND *
>*                 *
>*******************
>
>make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
>BASH.EXE-2.02$ ls
>ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS  config.cache      examples          tests
>COPYRIGHT         config.log        install-sh        unconfigure
>Makefile          config.status     man               www
>README            configure         remind.lsm
>WINDOWS           configure.in      scripts
>build.tk          docs              src
>BASH.EXE-2.02$ make install
>
>*********************
>*                   *
>* Installing REMIND *
>*                   *
>*********************
>
>cd src; make install
>for prog in remind rem2ps ./../scripts/kall ./../scripts/rem
>./../scripts/tkremi
>nd ./../scripts/cm2rem.tcl ; do \
>         /CYGNUS/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/BIN/install -c $prog /usr/local/bin ;
>\
>done
>/CYGNUS/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/BIN/install: remind: No such file or directory
>/CYGNUS/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/BIN/install: rem2ps: No such file or directory
>strip /usr/local/bin/remind
>strip: /usr/local/bin/remind: No such file or directory
>make[1]: [install] Error 1 (ignored)
>strip /usr/local/bin/rem2ps
>strip: /usr/local/bin/rem2ps: No such file or directory
>make[1]: [install] Error 1 (ignored)
>for man in ./../man/kall.1 ./../man/rem.1 ./../man/rem2ps.1
>./../man/remind.1 ./
>../man/tkremind.1 ./../man/cm2rem.1 ; do  \
>         /CYGNUS/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/BIN/install -c -m 644 $man
>/usr/local/man/man1
>  ; \
>done
>BASH.EXE-2.02$

Looks to me like your big problem is the install program which assumes the
UNIX convention of executables without extensions (.exe).  It looks for
remind and not remind.exe, which is what exists.  The solution?  There are
a few:

    1. Check the mail archives for this problem and download an updated
       install script that looks for executables with extensions (I forget
       exactly who created this install script and where you can get it from
       but its in the mail archives SOMEWHERE at least.  It may be at one of
       the "Ported Software" web sites pointed at from the Cygwin site too).

    2. Check out your makefile and see if there's a simple way to add the .exe
       suffix to the executable names that its looking for.  Many makefiles
       have a spot to define a "SUFFIX" variable that will tack on that
       character sequence to the end executable names it goes looking to
       install.  If "SUFFIX" does not exist, altering the makefile directly
       to add ".exe" to all the executable programs that its installing is
       also an option, albeit a little more typing.

    3. If you're building on NT, the last option is to simply remove the
       ".exe" from the executables built and rerun "make install".  The
       install will find the executables and install them properly.  They
       will run fine in bash, but DOS prompts/boxes will not run them, since
       they always need the extension to understand that its an executable.
       This is not an option for 9x as I understand it, since 9x doesn't
       know about executables if there's no extension to indicate it as such.

                                         (508) 560-1285 - cell phone

* Re: No such file or directory
@ 2000-03-25 13:07 ` Terry Lincoln
From: Terry Lincoln @ 2000-03-25 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Goforth, cygwin

> I'm trying to compile the Remind utility to work under Cygwin.  I
> initially tried compiling it with the I've compiled it, and then
> tried "make install," but I'm getting a bunch of "No such file or
> directory" messages.  I created a /usr/local/man and
> /usr/local/bin directories.  I then tried doing another "make"
> and "make install."  Apparently, it compiled correctly?
>
> In the Readme.DOS file I am told the following:
>
> 3 - If you are using Turbo C to compile Remind, type:
>
> make -fmakefile.tc
>
>     If you are using Microsoft C to compile Remind, type:
>
> make makefile.msc
>
> I considered trying to compile it with the  -mno-cygwin option
> and using one of these other makefiles.  I'm not much of a C
> programmer as I'm sure you can tell.
>
> BASH.EXE-2.02$ make

At what point did you run configure?  In a posix environment you
should always run configure to generate a *proper* makefile and
config.h for the compile to be successful.

You might also check to see if Remind has already been ported and
save the aggrevation of _fixing_ it.

> *******************
> *                 *
> * Building REMIND *
> *                 *
> *******************
>
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> BASH.EXE-2.02$ ls
> ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS  config.cache      examples          tests
> COPYRIGHT         config.log        install-sh        unconfigure
> Makefile          config.status     man               www
> README            configure         remind.lsm
> WINDOWS           configure.in      scripts
> build.tk          docs              src
> BASH.EXE-2.02$ make install
>
> *********************
> *                   *
> * Installing REMIND *
> *                   *
> *********************
>
> cd src; make install
> for prog in remind rem2ps ./../scripts/kall ./../scripts/rem
> ./../scripts/tkremi
> nd ./../scripts/cm2rem.tcl ; do \
>         /CYGNUS/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/BIN/install -c $prog
> /usr/local/bin ; \
> done
> /CYGNUS/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/BIN/install: remind: No such file or
> directory /CYGNUS/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/BIN/install: rem2ps: No such
> file or directory strip /usr/local/bin/remind
> strip: /usr/local/bin/remind: No such file or directory
> make[1]: [install] Error 1 (ignored)
> strip /usr/local/bin/rem2ps
> strip: /usr/local/bin/rem2ps: No such file or directory
> make[1]: [install] Error 1 (ignored)
> for man in ./../man/kall.1 ./../man/rem.1 ./../man/rem2ps.1
> ./../man/remind.1 ./
> ../man/tkremind.1 ./../man/cm2rem.1 ; do  \
>         /CYGNUS/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/BIN/install -c -m 644 $man
> /usr/local/man/man1
>  ; \
> done
> BASH.EXE-2.02$
>
> --
> Eric Goforth

W. Terry Lincoln
Senior Consultant [Linux Registered User #99583]
Ciber corporation (attached to Xerox)
<mailto: WTerryLincoln@engineer.com>
<mailto: llincol1@rochester.rr.com>
< http://www.geocities.com/terry_lincoln >