public inbox for cygwin@cygwin.com
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* RE: EXTERNAL SENDER: offline installation of cygwin is impossible
       [not found] <AS8PR02MB866452FE8E1B39692A098D2D8B529@AS8PR02MB8664.eurprd02.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2022-09-26 15:46 ` Dale Lobb
  2022-09-26 15:57   ` Dale Lobb
  2022-09-27 18:07   ` Andrey Repin
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Dale Lobb @ 2022-09-26 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'JEROME GALLIERE'; +Cc: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

  This works for me to make a local installation repository:

  All of the following assumes you have a working cygwin install on a machine that has internet access.

1. Create a Cygwin install directory and cd into it.  Download the latest Cygwin installer to this directory:

# mkdir Cygwin
# cd Cygwin
# wget --no-check-certificate https://www.cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe

2. Create an exclusions file.  This file should exclude any file types and whatever else you do not want in the new local repository. The following excludes source code and debug symbols:

# echo *-src.tar.*>  rsync_copy.exclusions
# echo *-debuginfo*>> rsync_copy.exclusions

3. Create a local repository mirror directory with syntax that matches one of the methods used for accessing an internet based Cygwin repository.  This should be under your Cygwin install directory.  Cd into the new directory. E.g.:

# mkdir ftp%3a%2f%2fmirrors.kernel.org%2fsourceware%2fcygwin%2f
# cd ftp%3a%2f%2fmirrors.kernel.org%2fsourceware%2fcygwin%2f

4. Use the rsync protocol (Actual rsync, not ssh) to download the data to your new local repository:

# rsync -av --progress rsync://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/unsupported ./
# rsync -av --delete --exclude-from=../rsync_copy.exclusions --progress rsync://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/noarch  ./
# rsync -av --delete --exclude-from=../rsync_copy.exclusions --progress rsync://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/x86_64  ./

5. Copy the entire Cygwin tree you just created to a CD ISO or flash drive.  You now have a portable Cygwin installation.

Best Regards,

Dale Lobb


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Cygwin <cygwin-bounces+dale.lobb=bryanhealth.org@cygwin.com>
> On Behalf Of JEROME GALLIERE via Cygwin
> Sent: Monday, September 26, 2022 3:31 AM
> To: cygwin@cygwin.com
> Subject: EXTERNAL SENDER: offline installation of cygwin is impossible
>
> CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not
> click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender.
>
>
> Hello,
>
>
>
> I need to install cygwin on some machine not connected to internet so I
> did everything I found over the internet on the subject.
>
> But despite I "download without installing" ALL packages from a normal
> machine (I got almost 20G) despite I transfert that to the non connected
> machines when trying to "Install from local directory" install it is just
> telling: "nothing to install/update" I tried any options and still the same.
>
> Does that really works recently? I asked recently because any articles I
> found on subject are years ago...
>
> Jérôme
>
> Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes (ci-après le "message") sont établis
> à l’intention exclusive des destinataires désignés. Il contient des
> informations confidentielles et pouvant être protégé par le secret
> professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci d'en avertir
> immédiatement l'expéditeur et de détruire le message. Toute utilisation
> de ce message non conforme à sa destination, toute diffusion ou toute
> publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite, sauf autorisation expresse de
> l’émetteur. L'internet ne garantissant pas l'intégrité de ce message lors de
> son acheminement, Atos (et ses filiales) décline(nt) toute responsabilité
> au titre de son contenu. Bien que ce message ait fait l’objet d’un
> traitement anti-virus lors de son envoi, l’émetteur ne peut garantir
> l’absence totale de logiciels malveillants dans son contenu et ne pourrait
> être tenu pour responsable des dommages engendrés par la transmission
> de l’un d’eux.
>
> This message and any attachments (the "message") are intended solely for
> the addressee(s). It contains confidential information, that may be
> privileged. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender
> immediately and delete the message. Any use of the message in violation
> of its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either wholly or partially is
> strictly prohibited, unless it has been explicitly authorized by the sender.
> As its integrity cannot be secured on the internet, Atos and its subsidiaries
> decline any liability for the content of this message. Although the sender
> endeavors to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does
> not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for
> any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.
>
> --
> Problem reports:
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cygwin.com/problems.html__;!!PI4dZ
> uVR!lRiD-
> jvIGag0KyqZ8FVrkWA_Br0opC6trO8MH5VfX65x9E2tJg3ttKmRhhEkfqGmEro
> aVfv85tUSnl5j$
> FAQ:
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cygwin.com/faq/__;!!PI4dZuVR!lRiD-
> jvIGag0KyqZ8FVrkWA_Br0opC6trO8MH5VfX65x9E2tJg3ttKmRhhEkfqGmEro
> aVfv85kmpsgbB$
> Documentation:
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cygwin.com/docs.html__;!!PI4dZuVR!
> lRiD-
> jvIGag0KyqZ8FVrkWA_Br0opC6trO8MH5VfX65x9E2tJg3ttKmRhhEkfqGmEro
> aVfv85iwQgVfF$
> Unsubscribe info:
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cygwin.com/ml/*unsubscribe-
> simple__;Iw!!PI4dZuVR!lRiD-
> jvIGag0KyqZ8FVrkWA_Br0opC6trO8MH5VfX65x9E2tJg3ttKmRhhEkfqGmEro
> aVfv85lcqniI9$
>
> ________________________________
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments,
> is for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain confidential
> and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
> distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
> contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
> message.

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* RE: EXTERNAL SENDER: offline installation of cygwin is impossible
  2022-09-26 15:46 ` EXTERNAL SENDER: offline installation of cygwin is impossible Dale Lobb
@ 2022-09-26 15:57   ` Dale Lobb
  2022-09-27 18:07   ` Andrey Repin
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Dale Lobb @ 2022-09-26 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'JEROME GALLIERE'; +Cc: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

Lol, I copied some of the commands below from a cygwin terminal window from a shell script.  It looked fine before I sent it, but apparently the lack of CR-LF combos did a number on outlook.  Here it is again with the correct line CRLF line endings:

1. Create a Cygwin install directory and cd into it.  Download the latest Cygwin installer to this directory:

# mkdir Cygwin
# cd Cygwin
# wget --no-check-certificate https://www.cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe

2. Create an exclusions file.  This file should exclude any file types and whatever else you do not want in the new local repository. The following excludes source code and debug symbols:

# echo *-src.tar.*>  rsync_copy.exclusions
# echo *-debuginfo*>> rsync_copy.exclusions

3. Create a local repository mirror directory with syntax that matches one of the methods used for accessing an internet based Cygwin repository.  This should be under your Cygwin install directory.  Cd into the new directory. E.g.:

# mkdir ftp%3a%2f%2fmirrors.kernel.org%2fsourceware%2fcygwin%2f
# cd ftp%3a%2f%2fmirrors.kernel.org%2fsourceware%2fcygwin%2f

4. Use the rsync protocol (Actual rsync, not ssh) to download the data to your new local repository:

# rsync -av --progress rsync://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/unsupported ./
# rsync -av --delete --exclude-from=../rsync_copy.exclusions --progress rsync://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/noarch  ./
# rsync -av --delete --exclude-from=../rsync_copy.exclusions --progress rsync://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/x86_64  ./

5. Copy the entire Cygwin tree you just created to a CD ISO or flash drive.  You now have a portable Cygwin installation.

Best Regards,

Dale Lobb



> -----Original Message-----
> From: Cygwin <cygwin-bounces+dale.lobb=bryanhealth.org@cygwin.com>
> On Behalf Of Dale Lobb via Cygwin
> Sent: Monday, September 26, 2022 10:47 AM
> To: 'JEROME GALLIERE' <jerome.galliere@atos.net>
> Cc: 'cygwin@cygwin.com' <cygwin@cygwin.com>
> Subject: RE: EXTERNAL SENDER: offline installation of cygwin is impossible
>
> CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not
> click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender.
>
>
>   This works for me to make a local installation repository:
>
>   All of the following assumes you have a working cygwin install on a
> machine that has internet access.
>
> 1. Create a Cygwin install directory and cd into it.  Download the latest
> Cygwin installer to this directory:
>
> # mkdir Cygwin
> # cd Cygwin
> # wget --no-check-certificate https://www.cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe

>
> 2. Create an exclusions file.  This file should exclude any file types and
> whatever else you do not want in the new local repository. The following
> excludes source code and debug symbols:
>
> # echo *-src.tar.*>  rsync_copy.exclusions # echo *-debuginfo*>>
> rsync_copy.exclusions
>
> 3. Create a local repository mirror directory with syntax that matches one
> of the methods used for accessing an internet based Cygwin repository.
> This should be under your Cygwin install directory.  Cd into the new
> directory. E.g.:
>
> # mkdir ftp%3a%2f%2fmirrors.kernel.org%2fsourceware%2fcygwin%2f
> # cd ftp%3a%2f%2fmirrors.kernel.org%2fsourceware%2fcygwin%2f
>
> 4. Use the rsync protocol (Actual rsync, not ssh) to download the data to
> your new local repository:
>
> # rsync -av --progress
> rsync://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/unsupported ./ # rsync -av --
> delete --exclude-from=../rsync_copy.exclusions --progress
> rsync://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/noarch  ./ # rsync -av --
> delete --exclude-from=../rsync_copy.exclusions --progress
> rsync://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/x86_64  ./
>
> 5. Copy the entire Cygwin tree you just created to a CD ISO or flash drive.
> You now have a portable Cygwin installation.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Dale Lobb
>
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Cygwin <cygwin-
> bounces+dale.lobb=bryanhealth.org@cygwin.com>
> > On Behalf Of JEROME GALLIERE via Cygwin
> > Sent: Monday, September 26, 2022 3:31 AM
> > To: cygwin@cygwin.com
> > Subject: EXTERNAL SENDER: offline installation of cygwin is impossible
> >
> > CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do
> > not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender.
> >
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> >
> >
> > I need to install cygwin on some machine not connected to internet so
> > I did everything I found over the internet on the subject.
> >
> > But despite I "download without installing" ALL packages from a normal
> > machine (I got almost 20G) despite I transfert that to the non
> > connected machines when trying to "Install from local directory"
> > install it is just
> > telling: "nothing to install/update" I tried any options and still the same.
> >
> > Does that really works recently? I asked recently because any articles
> > I found on subject are years ago...
> >
> > Jérôme
> >
> > Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes (ci-après le "message") sont
> > établis à l’intention exclusive des destinataires désignés. Il
> > contient des informations confidentielles et pouvant être protégé par
> > le secret professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci
> > d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur et de détruire le message.
> > Toute utilisation de ce message non conforme à sa destination, toute
> > diffusion ou toute publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite,
> > sauf autorisation expresse de l’émetteur. L'internet ne garantissant
> > pas l'intégrité de ce message lors de son acheminement, Atos (et ses
> > filiales) décline(nt) toute responsabilité au titre de son contenu.
> > Bien que ce message ait fait l’objet d’un traitement anti-virus lors
> > de son envoi, l’émetteur ne peut garantir l’absence totale de
> > logiciels malveillants dans son contenu et ne pourrait être tenu pour
> > responsable des dommages engendrés par la transmission de l’un d’eux.
> >
> > This message and any attachments (the "message") are intended solely
> > for the addressee(s). It contains confidential information, that may
> > be privileged. If you receive this message in error, please notify the
> > sender immediately and delete the message. Any use of the message in
> > violation of its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either
> > wholly or partially is strictly prohibited, unless it has been explicitly
> authorized by the sender.
> > As its integrity cannot be secured on the internet, Atos and its
> > subsidiaries decline any liability for the content of this message.
> > Although the sender endeavors to maintain a computer virus-free
> > network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is
> > virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus
> transmitted.
> >
> > --
> > Problem reports:
> >
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cygwin.com/problems.html__;!!PI4dZ
> > uVR!lRiD-
> >
> jvIGag0KyqZ8FVrkWA_Br0opC6trO8MH5VfX65x9E2tJg3ttKmRhhEkfqGmEro
> > aVfv85tUSnl5j$
> > FAQ:
> >
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cygwin.com/faq/__;!!PI4dZuVR!lRiD-
> >
> jvIGag0KyqZ8FVrkWA_Br0opC6trO8MH5VfX65x9E2tJg3ttKmRhhEkfqGmEro
> > aVfv85kmpsgbB$
> > Documentation:
> >
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cygwin.com/docs.html__;!!PI4dZuVR!
> > lRiD-
> >
> jvIGag0KyqZ8FVrkWA_Br0opC6trO8MH5VfX65x9E2tJg3ttKmRhhEkfqGmEro
> > aVfv85iwQgVfF$
> > Unsubscribe info:
> > https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cygwin.com/ml/*unsubscribe-
> > simple__;Iw!!PI4dZuVR!lRiD-
> >
> jvIGag0KyqZ8FVrkWA_Br0opC6trO8MH5VfX65x9E2tJg3ttKmRhhEkfqGmEro
> > aVfv85lcqniI9$
> >
> > ________________________________
> >
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any
> > attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipients and may
> > contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized
> > review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not
> > the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
> > destroy all copies of the original message.
>
> ________________________________
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments,
> is for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain confidential
> and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
> distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
> contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
> message.
>
> --
> Problem reports:
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cygwin.com/problems.html__;!!PI4dZ
> uVR!guS_7ADfQmmHzn8PmzLi96iGN8hUHjyFh1v42-
> s6XV4yJoADZ1zBpfStFPo29IAEiKCNi4UZEpsfiaR1$
> FAQ:
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cygwin.com/faq/__;!!PI4dZuVR!guS_7
> ADfQmmHzn8PmzLi96iGN8hUHjyFh1v42-
> s6XV4yJoADZ1zBpfStFPo29IAEiKCNi4UZEkClCh2r$
> Documentation:
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cygwin.com/docs.html__;!!PI4dZuVR!
> guS_7ADfQmmHzn8PmzLi96iGN8hUHjyFh1v42-
> s6XV4yJoADZ1zBpfStFPo29IAEiKCNi4UZEn89QkfB$
> Unsubscribe info:
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cygwin.com/ml/*unsubscribe-
> simple__;Iw!!PI4dZuVR!guS_7ADfQmmHzn8PmzLi96iGN8hUHjyFh1v42-
> s6XV4yJoADZ1zBpfStFPo29IAEiKCNi4UZEv7CPAok$

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: EXTERNAL SENDER: offline installation of cygwin is impossible
  2022-09-26 15:46 ` EXTERNAL SENDER: offline installation of cygwin is impossible Dale Lobb
  2022-09-26 15:57   ` Dale Lobb
@ 2022-09-27 18:07   ` Andrey Repin
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Andrey Repin @ 2022-09-27 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dale Lobb, cygwin

Greetings, Dale Lobb!

>   This works for me to make a local installation repository:

>   All of the following assumes you have a working cygwin install on a machine that has internet access.

> 1. Create a Cygwin install directory and cd into it.  Download the latest Cygwin installer to this directory:

> # mkdir Cygwin
> # cd Cygwin
> # wget --no-check-certificate

Don't do that. Ever.
For apparent reasons.


-- 
With best regards,
Andrey Repin
Tuesday, September 27, 2022 21:06:21

Sorry for my terrible english...


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2022-09-27 18:20 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 3+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
     [not found] <AS8PR02MB866452FE8E1B39692A098D2D8B529@AS8PR02MB8664.eurprd02.prod.outlook.com>
2022-09-26 15:46 ` EXTERNAL SENDER: offline installation of cygwin is impossible Dale Lobb
2022-09-26 15:57   ` Dale Lobb
2022-09-27 18:07   ` Andrey Repin

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).