* cygwin Rsync x32 issue
@ 2021-02-14  4:33 Jim Brain
From: Jim Brain @ 2021-02-14  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I perused the archive and did not see anything noted about this, but
please forgive me if it's been discussed.

Server: ubuntu 2004, running rsync 3.1.3 protocol version 31

client Windows 10 x64.

When calling rsync x64 3.2.4dev, transfer works fine.

When using rsync x32 3.2.4dev, downloaded last night, same transfer
fails, with:

"

dup() in/out/err failed
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
[sender] _exit_cleanup(code=12, file=io.c, line=228): entered
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(228)
[sender=3.2.4dev]
[sender] _exit_cleanup(code=12, file=io.c, line=228): about to call exit(12)

"

cwrsync fails in the same way.

Sadly, I would ignore and just use x64 rsync (as I normally do on my
system here), but this is to set up a sync job for a elderly user who
wants to update his web site and only has Windows x32 bit.

Any help would be most appreciated.  I can probably come up with an
alternate solution (scp or zip/ftp) but rsync seemed a clean approach to
ensuring his local version of the site and the web version stayed in sync.

Jim

* cygwin Rsync x32 issue
@ 2020-12-13 22:49 Jim Brain