* is three any coroutine library works in cygwin?
@ 2015-04-30 14:02 echo
From: echo @ 2015-04-30 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

My program is using coroutine(implemented with ucontext api) on linux, I
am trying to port it to windows using cygwin. But I find out that cygwin
doesn't support ucontext api, so is there any coroutine library works
fine in cygwin?

* Re: is three any coroutine library works in cygwin?
@ 2015-04-30 14:13 ` Eric Blake
From: Eric Blake @ 2015-04-30 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 04/30/2015 08:02 AM, echo wrote:
> My program is using coroutine(implemented with ucontext api) on linux, I
> am trying to port it to windows using cygwin. But I find out that cygwin
> doesn't support ucontext api, so is there any coroutine library works
> fine in cygwin?

The qemu project has several alternative implementations for coroutines
- in addition to ucontext, it provides sigaltstack, gthread, and win32
implementations.  Perhaps one of those can be used as a starting point
for your needs?  (see the coroutine-*.c files in
http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=tree)

* Re: is three any coroutine library works in cygwin?
@ 2015-04-30 14:35   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2015-04-30 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Apr 30 08:13, Eric Blake wrote:
> On 04/30/2015 08:02 AM, echo wrote:
> > My program is using coroutine(implemented with ucontext api) on linux, I
> > am trying to port it to windows using cygwin. But I find out that cygwin
> > doesn't support ucontext api, so is there any coroutine library works
> > fine in cygwin?
>
> The qemu project has several alternative implementations for coroutines
> - in addition to ucontext, it provides sigaltstack, gthread, and win32
> implementations.  Perhaps one of those can be used as a starting point
> for your needs?  (see the coroutine-*.c files in
> http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=tree)

Cygwin 2.0 comes with improved ucontext handling in case of calling
signal handlers.  We might be able to come up with the missing functions
(getcontext, setcontext, makecontext, swapcontext, sigaltstack) at one
point, but that requires some hacking.

Patches are very welcome!

Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 819 bytes --]

* Re: is three any coroutine library works in cygwin?
@ 2015-04-30 14:25 echo
From: echo @ 2015-04-30 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Thank you very muuch, Eric. I will check it out.

I have another problem when I try to subscribe this mail list. I recevei
a confirm mail from cygwin-help@cygwin.com which require me reply a
message to

  cygwin-sc.1430402984.ioahhmmolhnlonjaaoaa-fatmck=163.com@cygwin.com

I replied to this address, and nothing happens, it seems that I am not in the mail list.  What should I do to solve this?