* (no subject)
@ 2023-09-01 10:43 Sanjitha. p
From: Sanjitha. p @ 2023-09-01 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

1 [main] bash 15124 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
pointer. Please report this problem to
the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com

* Re:
@ 2023-09-01 10:47 ` cygwinautoreply
From: cygwinautoreply @ 2023-09-01 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pittasanjitha; +Cc: cygwin

>1 [main] bash 15124 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
>pointer. Please report this problem to
>the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com

https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

* Re:
@ 2024-01-10 14:52 ` hancy donald
From: hancy donald @ 2024-01-10 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi My problem is that why can't i crack my zip file with John the rapper in
my Computer

On Wed, Jan 10, 2024, 5:51 PM hancy donald <hancydonald@gmail.com> wrote:

* Re:
@ 2023-10-09  7:39 ` cygwinautoreply
From: cygwinautoreply @ 2023-10-09  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bensimpit; +Cc: cygwin

@ 2023-09-01 11:23 ` cygwinautoreply
From: cygwinautoreply @ 2023-09-01 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pittasanjitha; +Cc: cygwin

@ 2023-08-04 21:10 mazyona
From: mazyona @ 2023-08-04 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info

Hi!

I've been having trouble reaching you via your email since last week. Please

I need your assistance.

Best Wishes

Ms. Helen Wong

* Re:
@ 2023-03-02 13:41 ` cygwinautoreply
From: cygwinautoreply @ 2023-03-02 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kidanekenenisag; +Cc: cygwin

@ 2023-01-03 19:45 ` cygwinautoreply
From: cygwinautoreply @ 2023-01-03 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: abolfazlfazli1404; +Cc: cygwin

@ 2021-11-13 13:03 ` cygwinautoreply
From: cygwinautoreply @ 2021-11-13 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: julesketika; +Cc: cygwin

@ 2021-11-13 13:01 ` Kossi Jules KETIKA
From: Kossi Jules KETIKA @ 2021-11-13 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Salut

@ 2021-11-13 11:35 ` cygwinautoreply
From: cygwinautoreply @ 2021-11-13 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mushimiyimanaviateur; +Cc: cygwin

@ 2021-06-26  8:43 Atencion al  Asegurado
From: Atencion al  Asegurado @ 2021-06-26  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info
  Cc: cycu.mavis, cycy62, cydigma, cygwin, cylhaxx, cyllmendes, cym,
	cyn.thia.w.illi.am.stg8, cyndielaff, cyndy, cyng, cynje,
	cynt.pauwels, cynthia, cynthia, cynthia, cynthia,
	cynthia-sophie.ratte, cynthia.ba, cynthia.benoist,
	cynthia.briere, cynthia.buysse, cynthia.chen.13,
	cynthia.cynthia.77, cynthia.dahdah4, cynthia.dorough,
	cynthia.et.laura, cynthia.favreau, cynthia.fernandez,
	cynthia.fleury, cynthia.galli, cynthia.hepp, cynthia.hethrington,
	cynthia.langlois, cynthia.largue, cynthia.martel, cynthia.paul,
	cynthia.prah, cynthia.ruoff, cynthia.serra,
	cynthia.silvamaturana, cynthia_ab04, cynthia_bambam2006,
	cynthia_hidri, cynthiabrunel61, cynthiaf, cynthiahromadka,
	cynthiainaba2004, cynthiamanmusic, cynthianoalex,
	cynthiaramirezp, cynthias, cynthiaweberartt, cynthiazlogan,
	cynthilson, cynthrose, cyprien.elia, cyprien.ldc, cyprien.loic,
	cypriengeorges, cyprus, cyrele_cacal, cyriacus45, cyriaque.henry,
	cyrielle.regie, cyril, cyril, cyril-raoux, cyril.amaro70,
	cyril.amido, cyril.berard-depassiot, cyril.berdiel,
	cyril.bergemin, cyril.de-bazelaire, cyril.didou, cyril.druenne,
	cyril.duret, cyril.gaillard74, cyril.grisvard, cyril.hautois,
	cyril.lenoir08122010, cyril.lepeigneux, cyril.maroussie,
	cyril.mignon, cyril.murie, cyril.negri, cyril.noirjean,
	cyril.pesce83, cyril.peugeotmarguerittes, cyril.ramond,
	cyril.rebouillat, cyril.ricardo, cyril.robin, cyril.rusconi,
	cyril.vermeil, cyril.vettorato, cyril.villeret,
	cyril_aspttrennes, cyrilbarde, cyrilbuttin, dull564

Hello my friend, did you get my last message if no, write me through this email for more info :

mrsling72@gmail.com?

* Re:
@ 2020-12-09 18:00   ` Ben Kamen
From: Ben Kamen @ 2020-12-09 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 12/9/20 6:15 AM, chaparay01--- via Cygwin wrote:
> Who the fuck are you !   You been writing my husband
> --

HAHAHAHA... Oh yes... we've been sending him the acronym list and telling him all about posix coding and shell scripting!!

THE HORRORS!

LoL...

  -Ben

* Re:
@ 2020-08-23  3:05   ` C Goh
From: C Goh @ 2020-08-23  3:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

hi

If i didnt ssh-copy-id , i can access the share folder

On Sun, 23 Aug 2020 at 01:20, Andrey Repin <anrdaemon@yandex.ru> wrote:

> Greetings, C Goh!
>
> >  have some issue using cygwin to access the network drive. I have three
> > VM(A, B, C). Environment: VM A(11.11.11.1) is used as NAS and I also
> > created a share folder inside VM A. I Installed cygwin on window VM
> > B(11.11.11.2) and map a network drive(the share folder) from VM A. I used
> > another Linux VM C to SSH access to VM B successfully but I cant access
> the
> > network drive even I use net use command.
>
> > --------Error msg:-----------
>
> > $ net use z: \\11.11.11.1\share password /user:admin System error 5 has
> > occurred.
>
> > Access is denied. --------end of error msg---------------
>
> > Q1) How do I solve the above access denied issue?
>
> Not a Cygwin issue.
>
> > Q2) How do I configure VM B such a way that I can ssh to VM B to access
> > network drive without specifiying the net use command
>
> Not a Cygwin issue.
>
> > I tried to use another method share folder and use mklink also not
> working
>
> > lrwxrwxrwx 1 Administrators NODE1+None 18 Aug 22 07:25 share -> //
> > 10.10.10.1/share
>
> >  lrwxrwxrwx 1 Administrators Domain Users 18 Aug 22 08:02 share1 -> //
> > 10.10.10.1/share
>
> > I tried to access share or share1. I got permission denied
>
> Cygwin is a userspace compatibility layer. If your underlying OS is unable
> access network shares, Cygwin can't help you either.
>

> --
> With best regards,
> Andrey Repin
> Saturday, August 22, 2020 20:12:17
>
> Sorry for my terrible english...

* Re:
@ 2020-08-22 17:13 ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2020-08-22 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: C Goh, cygwin

Greetings, C Goh!

>  have some issue using cygwin to access the network drive. I have three
> VM(A, B, C). Environment: VM A(11.11.11.1) is used as NAS and I also
> created a share folder inside VM A. I Installed cygwin on window VM
> B(11.11.11.2) and map a network drive(the share folder) from VM A. I used
> another Linux VM C to SSH access to VM B successfully but I cant access the
> network drive even I use net use command.

> --------Error msg:-----------

> $ net use z: \\11.11.11.1\share password /user:admin System error 5 has
> occurred.

> Access is denied. --------end of error msg---------------

> Q1) How do I solve the above access denied issue?

Not a Cygwin issue.

> Q2) How do I configure VM B such a way that I can ssh to VM B to access
> network drive without specifiying the net use command

Not a Cygwin issue.

> I tried to use another method share folder and use mklink also not working

> lrwxrwxrwx 1 Administrators NODE1+None 18 Aug 22 07:25 share -> //
> 10.10.10.1/share

>  lrwxrwxrwx 1 Administrators Domain Users 18 Aug 22 08:02 share1 -> //
> 10.10.10.1/share

> I tried to access share or share1. I got permission denied

Cygwin is a userspace compatibility layer. If your underlying OS is unable to

@ 2013-08-08  5:56 jrassoc
From: jrassoc @ 2013-08-08  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, molly

I recommend   http://motelchanty.com.br/youtube.com.watchv=LLlpeM1QA6A.htm    fjtodynydevoximitegyg

* Re:
@ 2013-07-06 16:56 rus369
From: rus369 @ 2013-07-06 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: support, ogoodness, newsletter, dealalert, boyerj, update, cygwin, hesch

http://clubmbc.com/facebook.com.weightdropm.php?CID=yax

* Re:
@ 2013-02-27  5:44 s_hulge
From: s_hulge @ 2013-02-27  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mru_15, prashantchopade, cygwin, sateesh_voona, manjirijo,
	ranjeeta_kumari, anuj_ks

http://dreamwind.in/system/public.php?qf=939&dnq=66h=8&kdo=s32

* Re:
@ 2012-05-06  2:40       ` Trey Greer
From: Trey Greer @ 2012-05-06  2:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Jack <jack.profit <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Ken Brown <kbrown <at> cornell.edu> writes:
>

> > Another (easier) thing you could do is try various snapshots between
> > versions 1.7.10 and 1.7.11 of cygwin1.dll and pinpoint exactly when the
> > problem first occurred.
> >
> > Ken
> >

> Sadly, even the oldest cygwin1.dll snapshot (from 7/30/11) seems to have this
> issue. There is a pointer on the emacs lists (for MacOS) that says I should
> recompile with #define DONT_REOPEN_PTYS to avoid the "inappropriate ioctl for
> device" problem. I was hoping to avoid recompiling emacs but I guess I'll give
> that a try. :)
>
> Thanks for the ideas Ken.
>
> Jack

Looking through the native (Windows) emacs 23.4.1 source, I don't
see how cygwin bash job control could ever have worked.  When I
do a ctrl-C ctrl-Z (emacs speak for suspend job) in the bash
shell in shell mode, emacs gives me the message 'No SIGTSTP
support'.  Poking through the source, this appears to be because
there is no SIGTSTP defined in windows, or at least not in the
configuration header emacs-23.4/src/s/ms-w32.h.

Emacs in windows does not have PTYS (HAVE_PTYS is not defined in
s/ms-w32.h) so shell-mode opens the cygwin bash shell with input
and output pipes instead of ptys.  A recent change to bash (as of
bash-4.1-alpha) causes bash to refuse job control if the
controlling terminal is not a tty.  See item jj. in the
bash-4.0-alpha entry in the changelog
bash-4.1.10-4/src/bash-4.1/CHANGES.

It looks to me like suspend (ctrl-C ctrl-Z) never worked for
cygwin bash within native windows gnu emacs, but I certainly
could be wrong.

I did try defeating the tty test mentioned above (in jobs.c in
the bash source).  Indeed, I was able to spawn jobs in the
background and kill them.  Just no signals from emacs.

-- Trey

* Re:
@ 2012-03-12  1:44     ` Jack
From: Jack @ 2012-03-12  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2011-05-06 14:56 Arvind Raman
From: Arvind Raman @ 2011-05-06 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cvsnt, arthur.barrett, cygwin, psr_raman, sushma_devadiga,
	sharat.devisetti, dramakrishnan

http://drselda.com/cool01.11.php?SID=669

* Re:
@ 2008-11-25  8:15 pm@kiu.ru
From: pm@kiu.ru @ 2008-11-25  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: happy@vitebsk.by

ðóñêèé ñåêñ ëþáèòåëè

www.dnspensednst.nm.ru

Çàãëÿíåøü íà ìèíóòêó – îñòàíåøüñÿ çäåñü íàäîëãî! Ñàìîå ãîðÿ÷åå ïîðíî çäåñü!

Åãèàçàðîâ Àëåêñàíäð Áîðèñîâè÷

* Re:
@ 2008-10-02 16:13 Brenda Hatch
From: Brenda Hatch @ 2008-10-02 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Parcel received, I am very happy with the shoes, thank you and everyone at your site for a very happy shopping experience with you.   I shall be returning to buy some more for my family. The shoes arrived in perfect condition and well wrapped to protect them, and they look exactly like as advertised on the website. The parcel arrived sooner than expected as well which was a bonus. Feel free to add my comments to your website's testimonials from customers, it is absolutely superb, well done. - Welsh. S, UK

    http://bookdons.com

* Re:
@ 2007-01-22 15:23       ` Mark A. Ziesemer
From: Mark A. Ziesemer @ 2007-01-22 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:

> > > That's by design.  getgroups() has access to the user token of the
> > > current process and returns every group which is in this token.
> > > getgrent() is a function which enumerates /etc/groups.
> >
> > So my translation of this would be that the bug is not in id, but in the
> > fact that your /etc/groups is out-of-date.  Use mkgroups to remedy the
> > situation.
>
> A little bit more specific:  Use the mkgroup -u flag.  By default,
> mkgroup does not add the users to the gr_mem field since that's not
> necessary for correct operation of setuid(2).  By adding the users
> to the gr_mem field (the -u option), you probably get what you want.

Better, but could still use improvement, IMO...

The documentation isn't very strong here, so I'm sorry I didn't find this
earlier.  From http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html#mkgroup:
"The -u option causes mkgroup to enumerate the users for each group, placing
the group members in the gr_mem (last) field. Note that this can greatly
increase the time for mkgroup to run in a large domain. Having gr_mem fields
is helpful when a domain user logs in remotely while the local machine is
disconnected from the Domain Controller"

This implies that "-u" is not required for proper groups functionality, but
is maybe just used as a backup when the DC is unavailable.  (And in my case,
there is no domain.)

Also, this means that "mkgroup -ul >/etc/group" will have to be re-run every
time there is a change in group membership - not the best option.

Since Cygwin already lets the underlying OS take care of much of the
security (handling passwords, etc.), can't Cygwin just ask Windows for the
user's groups when needed, to?

--
Mark A. Ziesemer

* Re:
@ 2006-02-08 17:58   ` Bubba Jones
From: Bubba Jones @ 2006-02-08 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 17:35:30 +0000 Chris Taylor
<chris@xxx> wrote:

> Try using rxvt -e /bin/bash --login -i
> You can specify all manner of things there as well..
> EG: black bg and green text: -fg Green -bg Black

I think I found the problem.  My $HOME variable is
set to another location than I want.  Before using
rxvt I explicitly set HOME in my .bashrc...  When
I set HOME in the regular bash prompt and run
"rxvt -e /bin/bash --login -i" all is well.  So, my
problem now is, how do I set my HOME in a batch
file?  If that can't be done, how can I set HOME
before I call rxvt?

Hmmmm...

_________________________________________________________________Get your FREE Budweiser E-mail account at http://budweiser.com     Budweiser E-Mail must be used responsibly and only is for consumers 21 years of age and older!       Disclaimer: Neither Anheuser-Busch, Inc. (the makers of BUDWEISER beer) nor the operator of this E-Mail service or their respective affiliates have seen, endorsed or approved any of the content in this e-mail and expressly disclaim all liability for the content in whole and in part.

* RE:
@ 2006-02-08 17:49 ` Bubba Jones
From: Bubba Jones @ 2006-02-08 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 12:26:57 -0500 "Hassel, Scott"
Scott.Hassel@bxxx> wrote:

> When I envoke "rxvt -e bash" from a command line
> I get rxvt with bash and bash sourced my .bashrc
> file.  However, when I put "rxvt -e bash" in a
> batch file, launch the batch file, I get rxvt
> with bash, but my .bashrc file is not sourced...
>
> Does anyone know why my batch file doesn't source
> .bashrc and/or how I can get the batch file to
> source?  I'm guessing I'm starting a login
> bash session, but I'm not certain...
> -----END Original Message-----
>

> Have you tried this:
>
> set the dos/windows environment variable -
SHELL=/usr/bin/bash

> and then you should be able to execute
>
> C:\cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe -bg black -fg grey -sl 2048 -sb
-fn 9x16 -ls

> or something similar. The -ls tells rxvt to treat it as
a login shell. All the rest is just for looks.

That didn't work.  My environment variables might
be messed up.  When I call the regular cygwin bash
prompt from a batch file, I have the following in
the batch file:

C:\Cygwin\bin\bash --rcfile /cygdrive/h/.bashrc -i

That explicitly tells bash to source my .bashrc.
Does rxvt have anything like that?

@ 2006-01-24 12:09         ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2006-01-24 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Jan 24 09:04, Jonas M?ls? wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> > Thanks.  May I assume that the remote directory is on a NT4 based NTFS?
>
> I would not have thought so, but after asking our it-staff,
> I got it confirmed. We are running NT4 on the servers.
> I must say I am curious. How could you deduce
> that from the output?

The values of the flags are a hint ;-)

Corinna

Red Hat

* Re:
@ 2006-01-24 10:14       ` Jonas Mölsä
From: Jonas Mölsä @ 2006-01-24 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:

> Thanks.  May I assume that the remote directory is on a NT4 based NTFS?
>
> Corinna

I would not have thought so, but after asking our it-staff,
I got it confirmed. We are running NT4 on the servers.
I must say I am curious. How could you deduce
that from the output?

   /jbm

* Re:
@ 2005-12-22  8:02 ` Gerrit P. Haase
From: Gerrit P. Haase @ 2005-12-22  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: thb; +Cc: cygwin

Thomas Berger wrote:

> Woah Gerrit,
> WDYDWMLF (what did you do with my line feeds)?

Oops, it is my broken Delphi mailer, everytime it gets an email
in UTF-8 encoding it sends out in the same encoding, however it
doesn't do it right,  I have no idea how to teach this stupid
little software to always use the default charset or how to
convince it that a linebreak in UTF-8 is still al linebreak.

I'm sorry.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=

* RE:
@ 2005-07-14  6:02 Civis
From: Civis @ 2005-07-14  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Madame, Mademoiselle, Monsieur,

Nous vous remercions de votre courrier électronique.

Dans le souci de mieux correspondre à vos attentes, nous vous prions de bien vouloir nous contacter désormais par le biais du nouveau "Portail des Citoyens", mis à votre disposition à l'adresse Internet
http://www.europarl.eu.int/opengov/default_fr.htm

Nous vous invitons donc à transférer le contenu de votre courriel vers le formulaire, par simple "copier/coller" (copy/paste).

Avec nos remerciements

Dear Correspondent,

Thank you for your e-mail message.

To enable us to deal with your message, we would kindly ask you to readdress it to us using the form given at the « Citizens’ Portal » on the EP web site at
http://www.europarl.eu.int/opengov/default_en.htm

You can transfer the text of your message to the form using the copy and paste procedure.

* Re:
@ 2005-02-23 18:47 real-story
From: real-story @ 2005-02-23 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

【受信メール1件】届きました。
『名前』:美希
『年齢』:30歳
『職業』:自営業
『年収』:2.400万円
『写真』:あり
『一言』:直アド載せたのでメールしてくれませんか?今週ならいつでも会えます。
     援助金は100万円用意してあります。
☆こちらから無料返信☆
http://jellybean.hosting-geomax.jp/secret.php?pr=123456
※現在、美希さんからの指名メールは貴方様への一通のみとなっております。
☆yahooアドレスなどフリーメールアドレスからでも登録できます☆
☆おかげさまで全国優良サイトに選ばれました。
只今、感謝キャンペーン中に付き、登録完全無料・直番・直アド見放題☆

* Re:
@ 2004-02-22 16:01   ` Gerrit P. Haase
From: Gerrit P. Haase @ 2004-02-22 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linda w; +Cc: cygwin

Hallo linda,

> Is that something real difficult or impossible to do?

> (I don't know, never having built perl in the first place.)

Try to figure;)

Gerrit
--
=^..^=

* RE:
@ 2004-02-07 15:33 Peter Schoen
From: Peter Schoen @ 2004-02-07 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Viele Erotik-Webmaster arbeiten mit Tricks wie angeblichen "Crack-Dialer" oder gehackten Dialer um sich Umsaetze zu schaffen.
Wir denken das ist der falsche Weg!
Um uns dennoch von anderen Erotik-Seiten abzuheben, haben wir beschlossen, einen TEST-Login fuer unsere Neukunden einzurichten.

Der Login kann beliebig oft 300 Minuten zum Test benutzt werden.

20000 Kontaktanzeigen
50 Livecams
5000 Bilder
2000 Videos

und noch vieles Mehr!
http://user.by/pph0365215987520

* Re:
       [not found] <6810515835.20040117131240@familiehaase.de>
@ 2004-01-17 22:34 ` Inge Haase
From: Inge Haase @ 2004-01-17 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerrit @ cygwin

Guten Tag Gerrit,

am Samstag, 17. Januar 2004 um 13:12 schreibst du:

> Hallo ,

Ja, die Nachricht kam normal bei "bat" an. Ich schicke dir mal eine,
die i m m e r nur im Outlook Express ankommt.

--
Liebe GrÃŒsse
Inge

* Re:
@ 2003-10-15 21:18 caj
From: caj @ 2003-10-15 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

shlwapi.dll 6.0.2800.1226 - 395,264 bytes
msvcrt.dll 6.1.9844.0 - 286,773 bytes

I get the crash

* Re:
       [not found] <1003339534031140@firemail.de>
@ 2001-10-17 13:19 ` Charles Wilson
From: Charles Wilson @ 2001-10-17 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Katherina O'Connor; +Cc: cygwin

Wait, why are you arguing with me?  I *agreed* with David -- but pointed
out that in the cygwin project, we try to model (a) standards, then (b)
Linux, then (c) other things like solaris.  To back up his argument, he
gave me something from (c) -- whereas I said, okay fine, but a better
authority is (something from (a)).

I just don't have time to fix this myself.  Patches welcome.

--Chuck

Katherina O'Connor wrote:

> Chuck,
>
> David is right, because almost all of the UNICES
> with -let me say- a somewhat longer history than
> Linux expecting the union (semun) to be declared
> in the application. Therefore a simple
> preprocesser directive around semun in sem.h
> can help writing portable applications with
> cygwin/linux.
>
> -Kathy
>
> David,
>  Thanks for the heads up. Note that "Sun doesn't do it that way"
> isn't a very persuasive argument; "Linux doesn't..." or "SUSv2 says
> that..." is more persuasive. Fortunately, you got me curious, and
> indeed, SUSv2 agrees with Sun on this issue.
>
> http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/semctl.html
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have time to track this down and fix it myself
> right now. However, I'd be happy to accept a patch...as long as the
> bundled apps were all modified to define semun. This includes
> ipc-daemon, as well as semtool, shmtool, and msgtool. And the patch was
> verified to work properly...
>
> --Chuck

* Re:
@ 2000-12-16  9:23 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-12-16  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hello Babe, cygwin

--- Hello  Babe <xconnect@rediffmail.com> wrote:
> You said: Ok, having visited this system, I'll suggest You said:`TERM=linux
> rlogin ...'. This system doesn't understand TERM=cygwin.
>
> I ask: (1) Can you explain it in detail. Does TERM here means, a Terminal?
> (2) Will I face similar problems with other free Unix shell accounts....

It sounds as if you need to do a little studying.  This has to do with how UNIX
and it's processes control your output.

> Note: To understan my problem and, if you are using Windows NT, you may
> install Cgywin Unix client from this website:
> http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/
>
> Install Cgywin and then trouble-shoot this clent for better understanding.
> Can you suggest me some more Unix clients for NT.

I understand Cygwin and UNIX already.  However, it sounds as if you don't.

Sorry I can't be of more help.  There are various sources on the net concerning
UNIX and you can find the documentation for Cygwin and http://cygwin.com .

Good luck,

=====
Earnie Boyd
mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com

---         < http://earniesystems.safeshopper.com >         ---
--- Cygwin: POSIX on Windows < http://gw32.freeyellow.com/ > ---
---   Minimalist GNU for Windows < http://www.mingw.org/ >   ---

* Re:
@ 2000-12-05  8:54 henry junior
From: henry junior @ 2000-12-05  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

i have problem the txt doesn't seem to be link with
the program can you help me

* RE:
@ 1999-10-31 19:54   ` Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-10-31 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Antonio MATTA; +Cc: Cygwin@Sourceware. Cygnus. Com

Yes, right!!! could any body tell him why he is getting

> - One of the devices asociated with the system does not work
> - The file GLUT.DLL is asociated with an exportation
> OPENGL.DLL.:GetPixelFormat that does not exists.
>
> Could anybody tell what is my mistake or what can I do in order to solve
> this problem?

BTW: please address Cygwin related questions to cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com
and X11 related to cygwin-xfree@sourceware.cygnus.com

Downloading the ports from my URLS at Geocities and Webjump does not mean
I am also running a Cygwin Support Center, unfortunately.  Lately 5 to 15
messages are being sent directly to me.  PLEASE ADDRESS CYGWIN REALTED
QUESTIONS TO CYGWIN USERS LIST.

Now the answer to your questions is in your error messages.  you got a wrong
version of Opengl.dll in your path, which does not have GetPixelFormat
function.

Regards
Suhaib

* RE:
       [not found] <Pine.LNX.4.10.9910111854020.4347-100000@atlas.ujavcali.edu.co>
@ 1999-10-11 17:19 ` Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-10-11 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Antonio MATTA; +Cc: Cygwin@Sourceware. Cygnus. Com

Yes, right!!! could any body tell him why he is getting

> - One of the devices asociated with the system does not work
> - The file GLUT.DLL is asociated with an exportation
> OPENGL.DLL.:GetPixelFormat that does not exists.
>
> Could anybody tell what is my mistake or what can I do in order to solve
> this problem?

BTW: please address Cygwin related questions to cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com
and X11 related to cygwin-xfree@sourceware.cygnus.com

Downloading the ports from my URLS at Geocities and Webjump does not mean
I am also running a Cygwin Support Center, unfortunately.  Lately 5 to 15
messages are being sent directly to me.  PLEASE ADDRESS CYGWIN REALTED
QUESTIONS TO CYGWIN USERS LIST.

Now the answer to your questions is in your error messages.  you got a wrong
version of Opengl.dll in your path, which does not have GetPixelFormat
function.

Regards
Suhaib

* RE:
@ 1999-03-31 19:45   ` Rick Rankin
From: Rick Rankin @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Braze, cygwin

Dave,

You left out a pretty relevant piece of information: the command used to
invoke the compiler. If your source is in a file called hello.cc (or
hello.ccp or hello.cxx), then you can compile your source below with the
line

g++ hello.cc -o hello

I suspect that you used "gcc hello.cc -o hello". By default, gcc does not
link in the C++ runtime library. You could use gcc if you want to manually
specify the C++ runtime:

gcc hello.cc -o hello -lstdc++

Hope that helps,

Rick
--
Rick Rankin
rrankin@primenet.com

* RE:
@ 1999-03-28 17:03 ` Rick Rankin
From: Rick Rankin @ 1999-03-28 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Braze, cygwin

Dave,

You left out a pretty relevant piece of information: the command used to
invoke the compiler. If your source is in a file called hello.cc (or
hello.ccp or hello.cxx), then you can compile your source below with the
line

g++ hello.cc -o hello

I suspect that you used "gcc hello.cc -o hello". By default, gcc does not
link in the C++ runtime library. You could use gcc if you want to manually
specify the C++ runtime:

gcc hello.cc -o hello -lstdc++

Hope that helps,

Rick
--
Rick Rankin
rrankin@primenet.com

* Re:
@ 1999-02-28 23:02   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 1999-02-28 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suhaib M. Siddiqi, cygwin

You didn't write very much information, so I only took
a look into the librpclib.a and have found, that the symbols
are defined. Try
	nm librpclib.a | grep 'T _xdr' | less
and you will see it, too.
Are you sure, that your linking stage is correct?

Regards,
Corinna

P.S.: Caution in using xdr_float. It definitely doesn't work
correctly. I got a patch in the meantime, which I will publish
soon.

       [not found] <01d601be61ac$ceadd300$29acdfd0@InspirePharm.Com>
@ 1999-02-26 11:59 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 1999-02-26 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suhaib M. Siddiqi, cygwin

       [not found] ` <matra@dedalus.com>
@ 1998-11-24 16:45 ` Benjamin Riefenstahl
From: Benjamin Riefenstahl @ 1998-11-24 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi Ugo,

Ugo Matrangolo wrote:
> This program causes a segment violation :
>    vector<vector<int> > mymatrix(n);
>
>    for (int i = 0;i < n;i++)
>       for (int j = 0;j < n;j++)
>          mymatrix[i][j] = 0;
> Can anyone tell me if it is a bug or my fault ?

Your fault ;-)

The declaration allocates a vector of n *empty* vector<int>s and those
inner vectors are never expanded to make room for any elements (vectors
do not expand automatically). Try this one instead:

    vector<vector<int> > mymatrix(n);

    for (int i = 0;i < n;i++)
       for (int j = 0;j < n;j++)
          mymatrix[i].push_back(0); // expand the vector<int> by one

so long, benny

* Re:
       [not found] ` <matra@dedalus.com>
@ 1998-11-24 12:54   ` John F. Kolen
From: John F. Kolen @ 1998-11-24 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

/* I tried replying directly, but the mail bounced */

>   vector<vector<int> > mymatrix(n);
>   for (int i = 0;i < n;i++)
>      for (int j = 0;j < n;j++)
>         mymatrix[i][j] = 0;

What you have there should not work.  Take a look at the default constructor
and operator[] for vector<int>.

vector() : start(0), finish(0), end_of_storage(0) {}
reference operator[](size_type n) { return *(begin() + n); }
iterator begin() { return start; }

Your instantiation of of mymatrix will create n 0-element vectors with start
ptrs set to null.  This is why the deref is failing.  Here's a fix.

   for (int i = 0;i < n;i++){
      mymatrix[i].resize(n);
      for (int j = 0;j < n;j++)
         mymatrix[i][j] = 0;

John F. Kolen				voice: (850)474-3075
Assistant Professor			fax:   (850)474-3023
Dept. of Computer Science
University of West Florida
Pensacola, FL 32514
-

* Re:
@ 1998-11-06  3:00 ` Benjamin Riefenstahl
From: Benjamin Riefenstahl @ 1998-11-06  3:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Carscadden; +Cc: gnu-win32

Hi Keith,

Keith Carscadden wrote:
> with STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION. I eventually realized that the problem was
> caused by me passing a pointer to a literal (  char *test1 = "123    "; ),
> rather than a pointer to a character array. When I fixed this ( char
> test1[] = "123    "; ), the program ran as expected.
>
> My question is, why did this run without an error under gdb, when it
> aborted when run under DOS?

To make constant strings read-only they are put into the code segment.
During ordinary runs, the code segmant will be read-only on Win/32. OTOH
gdb needs to be able to change the code to add breakpoints, so under a
debugger the code segment will be writable to allow this.

so long, benny

* Re:
@ 1998-08-17 12:35 ` Michael Weiser
From: Michael Weiser @ 1998-08-17 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: anangsa; +Cc: gnu-win32

Hi anangsa,

You wrote:

>I've tried to port some apps with b19, i still need winsock 2 & winmm
>header anyone can help ?
Winsock is definitly already there, you just have to activate it by
defining some macro:

/* Mingw32 */
#ifdef __MINGW32__
# define Win32_Winsock
# include <windows.h>
#endif /* __MINGW32__ */

Winmm should behave the same, just search the files in the Windows32
directory for some winmm statement and see how to activate it.

bye

Michael
-

* Re:
@ 1998-07-01  8:02 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1998-07-01  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vazul; +Cc: gw32

---Vazul <vazul@mud.matav.hu> wrote:

>   Hi,
>
>   I'm a newbie here. :) So, I tried to compile a program which uses
the
> fd_set structure. This program works fine on a UN*X, but in Cygwin32
> fd_set is defined in the mywinsock.h file.
> Can I use it? Is it conflicting with other stuffs?

I don't know.  But, one of the best ways to find out is to create a
simple test program.

> And can I use select() for checking keyboard input?

Yes, I believe so.  This has been discussed before, use the search
engine for the mail archives.  You will probably have to have "SET
CYGWIN32=tty binmode" before starting bash.

>   Another problem: I use the "Change Scrolling Region" escape
sequence,
> for setting the terminal. (cs=\E[%i%d;%dr) It works on VT100 (or
greater)
> terminals, linux, xterm etc. It would be very good, if it can also
work
> with Cygwin32.

Try:

MSDOS# SET TERM=linux
or
BASH#  export TERM=linux

>   Thanks a lot for any help given... and sorry for my bad english...
>
> -- Vazul

You are welcome,
-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
--earnie_boyd@yahoo.com--
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Please, research your question via the Searchable Mail Archives first.
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32          (Searchable Mail Archives)

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://dvpraktikum.informatik.uni-koeln.de:3232/
                                            (Cygwin32 Porting Project)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html (Colin Peters - Mingw32)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
ftp://ftp.hksys.com/pub/mirrors/EGCS-Win32/   (Jeremy Bettis - mirror)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.downloadwizard.com/ak/gnu-win32/bash.html
                                        (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
http://aquarius.franken.de/docs/develop/gnuwin32/GNUWin32.txt
                                               (Package Porting Notes)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin32/
                                                       (German mirror)
http://www.dol.ru/users/valtul      (Valery Tulnikov - software ports)
ftp://ftp.cs.nyu.edu/pub/local/fox/cygwin32 (David fox - RPM packages)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.kedemel.demon.co.uk/                       (Darren's ports)

Help for Win32 Beginners:
 http://www.relisoft.com
 http://www.program.com/resources/win32.html

DISCLAIMER: These links or links from these pages to other sites do
not constitute an endorsement of any entities, advertisers, products
or services therein. I am not responsible for and do not control or
monitor the content of these sites or the accuracy of information
found therein.

-------------------- IMPORTANT UPGRADE NOTICE ------------------------
You should get the following to update your cygwinb19 package:

Sergey Okhapkin's coolview package which contains an updated
cygwinb19.dll.  (Yes, even if you've already downloaded the b19.1
update from the Cygnus Site).

Mumit Khan's compilation of EGCS for the cygwinb19.dll; especially if
you're using the C++ compiler.  The current version of the compiler
that
comes with the tools has lots of problems that have been fixed with
the EGCS version.  This is a drop-in replacement for the GCC toolset.

URL's are listed above.

* Re:
@ 1998-05-19  7:38 ` Michael Weiser
From: Michael Weiser @ 1998-05-19  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi Abdul,

You wrote:

>The API's we have used are for creation of users and groups on the
>"server machines" only.  Please help us to find any API's for
>creation of users and groups on the client machines.  So far
>we have used the following API's:
>
>NetUserGetInfo
>NetUserAdd
>NetGroupGetInfo
>NetLocalGroupGetInfo
>NetLocalGroupAddMembers
>NetGroupAddUser
>
>And from Security Functions we have used LookUpAccountName.
All these functions can work on the local machine, too, if you pass a
NULL pointer instead of the server name string. And none of these
functions make a distinction between WinNT Server or Workstation. So
if you pass the name of a WinNT Wks to one of the functions it will
work as expected on that machine. So you don't need any new APIs. ;)

bye

Michael
-

* Re:
@ 1998-02-15  5:57     ` Bug Hunter
From: Bug Hunter @ 1998-02-15  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fernandes; +Cc: gnu-win32

  If you are asking what I think you are asking, search on the web
(www.dogpile.com) for "rational rose".

  There is a copyrighted version of Rose out there that is free.  The
copyright is used to prohibit users of the code from ever suing the
creators of the coded, not to prohibit the free use of the code for any
reason.

  ASN.1, if I remember correctly from about 2 years ago is a way to create
managed information bases and code for things like SNMP.

  I wrote some code to ASN.1 for TR303, and wrote a TL1 object oriented
compiler/parser system so you could interface such stuff.  This is mainly
telcommunications industry.

bug

On Sat, 14 Feb 1998 Fernandes@usp.br wrote:

> On 10 Feb 98 at 15:03,  Jerome Gay <gay@aspentec.com> wrote:
>
> > Fellow Gnu-Winers,
> >
> > Has anybody aver heard of an ASN.1 compiler available under the GPL
> > (or, at least, free for personal use !) ?
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Cheers /jerome
> >

> What's an ASN.1 compiler?
>

> Just curious!

-

* Re:
@ 1998-02-14  8:26   ` Fernandes
From: Fernandes @ 1998-02-14  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jerome Gay, gnu-win32; +Cc: Fernandes, Hilton

On 10 Feb 98 at 15:03,  Jerome Gay <gay@aspentec.com> wrote:

> Fellow Gnu-Winers,
>
> Has anybody aver heard of an ASN.1 compiler available under the GPL
> (or, at least, free for personal use !) ?
> Thanks,
>
> Cheers /jerome

What's an ASN.1 compiler?

Just curious!

* Re:
@ 1997-11-20  2:01 ` Bernd Schilpp
From: Bernd Schilpp @ 1997-11-20  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Capron, Craig W, gnu-win32

Hello Craig,

rename your welcome.c - program to welcome.cpp and try it again.

Bernd

-

* Re:
@ 1997-11-19  1:25 Scott Warner
From: Scott Warner @ 1997-11-19  1:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Capron, Craig W, gnu-win32

Craig,

Try

int main()

to specify function return type

----------
> From: Capron, Craig W <craig.w.capron@lmco.com>
> To: 'gnu-win32@cygnus.com'
> Date: Monday, November 17, 1997 12:38 PM
>
> Greetings!  I am new to programming and newer to Cygnus software, so I
> beg your sufferance.  I have recently installed Cygnus' gnu-win32, b18,
> and everything seems to be working fine except the compiler.  I've
> written the following simple program named 'welcome.C':
>
> 	// A first program in C++
>
> 	#include <iostream.h>
>
> 	main(){
> 	  cout << "Welcome to C++!\n";
>
> 	  // indicate that program ended successfully
> 	  return 0;
> 	}
>
> . . . but when I ran g++ I received the following error message:
>
> 	(unknown) heap_init: unable to allocate heap, win32 error 87
> 	cygwin: terminating
> 	(unknown) In cygwin_except_handler
> 	(unknown) Exception trapped!
> 	(unknown) exception C0000005 at 1001E4B2
> 	(unknown) exception: ax 0 bx 0 cx 501 dx FFFFFFFF
> 	(unknown) exception: si 5C62696C di 5C32336E bp 241FB30 sp
> 241FB30
> 	(unknown) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
> 	(unknown) Stack trace:
> 	(unknown) frame 0: sp = 0x241F964, pc = 0x1001282A
> 	(unknown) frame 1: sp = 0x241F980, pc = 0x77F94512
> 	(unknown) frame 2: sp = 0x241F9A4, pc = 0x77F88EEB
> 	(unknown) frame 3: sp = 0x241FA30, pc = 0x77F76266
> 	(unknown) frame 4: sp = 0x241FB30, pc = 0x10011D4D
> 	(unknown) frame 5: sp = 0x241FB44, pc = 0x10018972
> 	(unknown) frame 6: sp = 0x241FB5C, pc = 0x10011615
> 	(unknown) frame 7: sp = 0x241FF94, pc = 0x10011BFF
> 	(unknown) frame 8: sp = 0x241FFA0, pc = 0x4118D5
> 	(unknown) frame 9: sp = 0x241FFB0, pc = 0x40103B
> 	(unknown) frame 10: sp = 0x241FFC0, pc = 0x77F1B304
> 	(unknown) frame 11: sp = 0x241FFF0, pc = 0x0
> 	(unknown) End of stack trace
> 	(unknown) In cygwin_except_handler
> 	(unknown) Error while dumping state (probably corrupted stack)
> 	(unknown) In cygwin_except_handler
> 	(unknown) Error while dumping state (probably corrupted stack)
> 	(unknown) In cygwin_except_handler
> 	(Blah, blah, blah, . . . repeats the last two lines ad nauseum)
>
> I have run it from both the bash and the CMD prompt with the same
> results.  I'm assuming that I've got something misconfigured somewhere,
> but I've looked in all the places I know to look and I'm just not
> finding it.  I hope this looks familiar to someone.
>
> My system is an IBM PC350, 133-Mhz Pentium running Windows NT Server
> v4.0 with service pack 3 installed.  Thanks in advance for any help
> and/or sympathetic grimaces offered.
>
> cwc
> -
-

* RE:
@ 1997-06-09  9:02 ` John Cerney
From: John Cerney @ 1997-06-09  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergey Okhapkin; +Cc: gnu-win32

>  From: Sergey Okhapkin <sos@prospect.com.ru>, on 6/8/97 11:48 AM:
>  To: "'John Cerney'" <j-cerney1@ti.com>
>  Cc: "gnu-win32@cygnus.com" <gnu-win32@cygnus.com>
>
>  John Cerney wrote:
>  > <<File: dllcheck.exe>><<File: ATT00004.txt>>
>  > I can verify this. I have seen problems building perl extension lib DLLs
>  on
>  > windows 95 (not NT) due to garbage characters after the base relocation
>  section
>  > of the dll. It seems that if the base relocation section is not terminated
>  by
>
>  You dllcheck.exe reports "Dll Ok" on NT-built X11 Dlls, and "Invalid
>  Relocation Size Detected" on the same built on 95.

This is exactly what I have seen. I think you will also find that if you try
and rebuild your Win95 DLL enough times, (usually 2-3 is all it takes) it will
eventually check out OK. The garbage characters sometimes appear at the end of
the relocation section in the DLL, and sometimes they don't.

BTW, sorry for messing up this thread. The subject line on my original reply
was missing.

-John
-

* RE:
@ 1997-06-08  0:47 Sergey Okhapkin
From: Sergey Okhapkin @ 1997-06-08  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'John Cerney'; +Cc: gnu-win32

John Cerney wrote:
> <<File: dllcheck.exe>><<File: ATT00004.txt>>
> I can verify this. I have seen problems building perl extension lib DLLs on
> windows 95 (not NT) due to garbage characters after the base relocation section
> of the dll. It seems that if the base relocation section is not terminated by

You dllcheck.exe reports "Dll Ok" on NT-built X11 Dlls, and "Invalid Relocation Size Detected" on the same built on 95.

--
Sergey Okhapkin
Moscow, Russia
Looking for a job

-

* Re:
@ 1997-06-06 23:41 ` jman
From: jman @ 1997-06-06 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Cerney; +Cc: Christian Soeller, gnu-win32

Howdy,
 I found to fix this. Let your computer rest a few minutes before ya
build. I usually
turn it off wait a few minutes turn it back on. Then build this may or
may not work for everyone but hey it works for me ;)

--
Jason L. Esman aka _Jman
System Admin. Network Consultant